Cotton Report 1966
ABOUT THE COLLECTION
The Cotton Report is one of several commodity-based agricultural research reports published by the University of Arizona.
This report, along with the Forage and Grain Report, was established by Hank Brubaker, Extension Agronomist, after seeing a similar report published by Texas A&M University in the mid-1970’s.
The purpose of the report is to provide an annual research update to farmers, researchers, and those in the agricultural industry. The research is conducted by University of Arizona and USDA-ARS scientists.
Both historical and current Cotton Reports have been made available in the UA Campus Repository as part of a collaboration between the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the University Libraries.
Contents for Cotton Report 1966
- Growing Season - 1965
- Varietal Studies - County Tests
- Plant Breeding Projects - Variety Selection Tests
- Plant Breeding Projects - Pima Improvement
- Plant Breeding Projects - Long Staple Cotton Breeding
- Plant Breeding Projects - Isolation of New Monosomes
- Evaluation of Pre-Plant Tillage Systems in Cotton Production
- Shallow Strip Tillage in Seedbed Preparation
- Effect of Row Spacing on Cotton Yield
- Synthetic Mulching Experiment
- Alternate Versus Every Furrow Irrigation of Cotton
- Sprinkler Irrigation of Cotton with High Salt Content Water
- Sprinkler Irrigation Using Sequa-Matic and Solid Set Systems on Cotton versus Surface Irrigation
- Cotton Production - Soils
- Nitogen for Cotton -- How Much?
- Nitogen and Manure Effects on Cotton
- Interactions Between Nitrogen and Phosphorus Fertilizer for Cotton Production
- Reaction of Triazine-Herbicides with Soil Components
- Transformations of Nitrogenous Compounds in Arizona Soils
- Herbicide Combination in Cotton
- Herbicide Incorporation Methods and Machinery
- Weed Control in Cotton
- Insect Control and Insecticides
- Disease Control
- Harvest Losses Decreased
- Combinations of Defoliants and/or Desiccants on Cotton Marana Experimental Farm
- Cotton Harvest-Defoliation Scheduling
- Stripper Harvesting - Farm Trials
- Stripper Harvested Cotton Variety Test
- Time in Motion and Picking Efficiency Studies on Stripper Harvesters
- Economic Comparisons between Stripper-Type and Spindle-Type Cotton Harvesting Machines
- Decision Making Under the 1966 Cotton Program
- Factors Affecting Producer Prices of Arizona Cotton
- Cotton Price Prospects for 1966
- Acala 1517 Commands Five-Cent Premium over Deltapine
- Will It Pay to Grow Skip-Row Cotton in 1966?
- Estimated Yields, Costs and Returns for Solid Planted Upland Cotton in 1966, By Counties
- Comparison of Upland Cotton and Long Staple Cotton Yields, Costs, and Returns, By Counties
- Development of a Practical Computer Program for Farm Records and Detailed Analysis in Farm Management
- Miscellaneous Cotton Work