Sugarbeet Report 1983
The Sugarbeet Report is one of several commodity-based agricultural research reports published by the University of Arizona.
This report was published from 1977-1983 (no report was published in 1979).
The purpose of the report was to provide an annual research update to farmers, researchers, and those in the agricultural industry. The research was conducted by University of Arizona, USDA-ARS, and Amstar-Spreckels Sugar Division scientists.
Historical issues have been made available via the UA Campus Repository, as part of a collaboration between the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the University Libraries.
- Introduction (Sugarbeets: A College of Agriculture Report, 1983)
- Acreage, Yield and Production of Sugarbeets for Sugar in Arizona
- History of Arizona High Sugar Yield Award Winners
- Evaluation of New Synthetic Pyrethroids on Beet Armyworm
- Sugarbeet Variety Test at the Mesa Farm
- Agronomic Research on Sugarbeet Culture at Marana
- Effect of Planting Date and Nitrogen Fertility on Late Season Sugarbeet Production
- Effect of Planting Date, Variety, Nitrogen Fertilizer Rate and Sampling Date on Lignin Content of Sugarbeet Roots
- Effect of Delayed Lifting of Sugarbeet Roots After Topping