University of Arizona Agricultural Extension Service
ABOUT THESE COLLECTIONS
The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Service was formed in 1915 under the provisions of the Federal Smith-Lever Act. As a division of the University of Arizona College of Agriculture the goals of the Cooperative Agricultural Extension Service are to provide instruction regarding farming and home economics for the improvement of farming practices and production; in short, to make scientific discovery and methods available to the public. By the 1930's weekly publications from the Extension Service regarding issues of economic change and dry farming agriculture were widely distributed for the benefit of Arizona farm families. The Extension Service also assists in 4-H projects; Indian reservation outreach education; assists in forming organized homemakers clubs; and supports community based agricultural projects.
The documents represented in this digital collection were scanned from original copies housed in University of Arizona Libraries, Special Collections. See the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Service Collection for more information.
Email Special Collections, or call 520-621-6423, with your questions or comments about these collections.
Copyright © Arizona Board of Regents. The University of Arizona.