A HIGH SPEED AIRBORNE DATA ACQUISITION AND CONTROL SYSTEM WITH AN INTEGRATED DIGITAL COMPUTER
AuthorTrover, William F.
AffiliationTeledyne Controls Company
MetadataShow full item record
RightsCopyright © International Foundation for Telemetering
Collection InformationProceedings from the International Telemetering Conference are made available by the International Foundation for Telemetering and the University of Arizona Libraries. Visit http://www.telemetry.org/index.php/contact-us if you have questions about items in this collection.
AbstractAIFTDS-4000 has been developed as a modularly expandable instrumentation and control system primarily for use in aircraft and system flight test. The bidirectional data processing capacity of Remote Multiplexer/Demultiplexer Unit, however, permits the system to be applied to data processing and control loop functions as well as the classical role of a data gathering system. The basic system was developed for NASA-FRC under three different contracts; NAS4-1848 (the ACS and RMDU’s), NAS4-1940 (the integrated signal conditioner cards) and, NAS4-1943 (the expanded test set). The system comprises Airborne Hardware, Ground Support Equipment and Software. The Airborne Hardware is divided into two major elements; The Airborne Computing System (ACS), and the Remote Multiplexer/Demultiplexer Unit (RMDU). Ground Support Equipment is presently restricted to the ACS Test Set (ACS/TS) which permits total checkout of the ACS without the RMDU’s or checkout of the full AIFTDS, as well as performing the function of an autonomous mini-data reduction ground station and the Portable Address Generator which permits testing of one RMDU (or one zone of the airplane) without the ACS or the ACS/TS. Software may be grouped into System Checkout and Diagnostic Software, Flight Test Program Software and Quick Look/Reduction Software. The prototype AIFTDS-4000 was qualified in two stages; the RMDU was qualified in October 1972 with the ACS qualified in April 1973. The Expanded Test Set and supporting software were delivered in May 1973.
SponsorsInternational Foundation for Telemetering