Laminin-binding integrin gene copy number alterations in distinct epithelial-type cancers.
AuthorHarryman, William L
Little, Andrew S
Eschbacher, Jennifer M
Nagle, Raymond B
Cress, Anne E
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Ctr Canc
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherE-CENTURY PUBLISHING CORP
CitationLaminin-binding integrin gene copy number alterations in distinct epithelial-type cancers. 2016, 8 (2):940-54 Am J Transl Res
RightsCreative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe laminin-binding integrin (LBI) family are cell adhesion molecules that are essential for invasion and metastasis of human epithelial cancers and cell adhesion mediated drug resistance. We investigated whether copy number alteration (CNA) or mutations of a five-gene signature (ITGB4, ITGA3, LAMB3, PLEC, and SYNE3), representing essential genes for LBI adhesion, would correlate with patient outcomes within human epithelial-type tumor data sets currently available in an open access format.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsThe use of the Tissue Acquisition and Molecular Analysis Support Service (TACMASR) of the UA Cancer Center was essential for this work. Of particular note was the expert technical assistance of Ed Abril. The work was supported in part by CA P30 23074, CA164484 and CA159406.
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- ITGA3 and ITGB4 expression biomarkers estimate the risks of locoregional and hematogenous dissemination of oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Nagata M, Noman AA, Suzuki K, Kurita H, Ohnishi M, Ohyama T, Kitamura N, Kobayashi T, Uematsu K, Takahashi K, Kodama N, Kawase T, Hoshina H, Ikeda N, Shingaki S, Takagi R
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 5
- Diagnostic value of integrin alpha3, beta4, and beta5 gene expression levels for the clinical outcome of tongue squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Kurokawa A, Nagata M, Kitamura N, Noman AA, Ohnishi M, Ohyama T, Kobayashi T, Shingaki S, Takagi R, Oral, Maxillofacial Pathology, and Surgery Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 15
- Differential expression and distribution of epithelial adhesion molecules in non-small cell lung cancer and normal bronchus.
- Authors: Boelens MC, van den Berg A, Vogelzang I, Wesseling J, Postma DS, Timens W, Groen HJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Diagnostic value of cyclin-dependent kinase/cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor expression ratios as biomarkers of locoregional and hematogenous dissemination risks in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Nagata M, Kurita H, Uematsu K, Ogawa S, Takahashi K, Hoshina H, Takagi R
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Genomic Copy Number Signatures Uncovered a Genetically Distinct Group from Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Lee E, Moon JW, Wang X, Kim C, Li S, Shin BK, Jung W, Kim HK, Kim HK, Lee JY
- Issue date: 2015 Aug