Helplessness/hopelessness, minimization and optimism predict survival in women with invasive ovarian cancer: a role for targeted support during initial treatment decision-making?
AuthorPrice, Melanie A
Butow, Phyllis N
Bell, Melanie L
Fardell, Joanna E
Protani, Melinda M
Webb, Penelope M
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Mel & Enid Zuckerman Coll Publ Hlth, Div Epidemiol & Biostat
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHelplessness/hopelessness, minimization and optimism predict survival in women with invasive ovarian cancer: a role for targeted support during initial treatment decision-making? 2016, 24 (6):2627-34 Support Care Cancer
JournalSupportive care in cancer : official journal of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer
Rights© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractWomen with advanced ovarian cancer generally have a poor prognosis but there is significant variability in survival despite similar disease characteristics and treatment regimens. The aim of this study was to determine whether psychosocial factors predict survival in women with ovarian cancer, controlling for potential confounders.
NotePublished online 6 January 2016; 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Psychosocial factors associated with posttraumatic stress and growth in Australian women with ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Shand LK, Brooker JE, Burney S, Fletcher J, Ricciardelli LA
- Issue date: 2018 Jul-Aug
- Physical symptoms, coping styles and quality of life in recurrent ovarian cancer: a prospective population-based study over the last year of life.
- Authors: Price MA, Bell ML, Sommeijer DW, Friedlander M, Stockler MR, Defazio A, Webb PM, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group., Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Quality of Life Study Investigators., Butow PN
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Optimism, social support, and mental health outcomes in patients with advanced cancer.
- Authors: Applebaum AJ, Stein EM, Lord-Bessen J, Pessin H, Rosenfeld B, Breitbart W
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Prevalence and predictors of anxiety and depression in women with invasive ovarian cancer and their caregivers.
- Authors: Price MA, Butow PN, Costa DS, King MT, Aldridge LJ, Fardell JE, DeFazio A, Webb PM, Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group., Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group Quality of Life Study Investigators.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 6
- Hope, optimism and survival in a randomised trial of chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Schofield PE, Stockler MR, Zannino D, Tebbutt NC, Price TJ, Simes RJ, Wong N, Pavlakis N, Ransom D, Moylan E, Underhill C, Wyld D, Burns I, Ward R, Wilcken N, Jefford M
- Issue date: 2016 Jan