A chronic care ostomy self-management program for cancer survivors.
AuthorKrouse, Robert S
Wendel, Christopher S
Cobb, Martha D
Tallman, Nancy J
Hibbard, Judith H
Hornbrook, Mark C
AffiliationSouthern Arizona Veterans Affairs Health Care System
University of Arizona College of Medicine
College of Nursing, University of Arizona
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA chronic care ostomy self-management program for cancer survivors. 2016, 25 (5):574-81 Psychooncology
RightsCopyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractIndividuals with ostomies experience extensive changes in health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and daily routine. Patients and families are typically forced to use trial and error to improve self-management.
NotePublished online 25 January 2016. 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsThis work was supported by grants from the National Cancer Insti-tute at the National Institutes of Health (grant number R21CA133337) and Arizona Cancer Center Support (grant numberCA023074). The funders had no role in the design and conduct of the study, collection, management, analysis and interpretation ofthe data, and preparation, review or approval of the manuscript.
- Spiritual well-being in long-term colorectal cancer survivors with ostomies.
- Authors: Bulkley J, McMullen CK, Hornbrook MC, Grant M, Altschuler A, Wendel CS, Krouse RS
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Applying the Chronic Care Model to Support Ostomy Self-Management: Implications for Oncology Nursing Practice.
- Authors: Ercolano E, Grant M, McCorkle R, Tallman NJ, Cobb MD, Wendel C, Krouse R
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- Sexual Function and Health-Related Quality of Life in Long-Term Rectal Cancer Survivors.
- Authors: Sun V, Grant M, Wendel CS, McMullen CK, Bulkley JE, Herrinton LJ, Hornbrook MC, Krouse RS
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Self-efficacy and Associated Factors in Patients With Temporary Ostomies: A Cross-sectional Survey.
- Authors: Su X, Qin F, Zhen L, Ye X, Kuang Y, Zhu M, Yin X, Wang H
- Issue date: 2016 Nov/Dec
- Living with the physical and mental consequences of an ostomy: a study among 1-10-year rectal cancer survivors from the population-based PROFILES registry.
- Authors: Mols F, Lemmens V, Bosscha K, van den Broek W, Thong MS
- Issue date: 2014 Sep