Effect of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis on renal filtration and secretion of adefovir.
Final Accepted Manuscript
Clarke, John D
Dzierlenga, Anika L
Klein, David M
Cherrington, Nathan J
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Pharmacol & Toxicol
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherPERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
CitationEffect of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis on renal filtration and secretion of adefovir. 2016, 115:144-51 Biochem. Pharmacol.
Rights© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractAdefovir, an acyclic nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor used to treat hepatitis B viral infection, is primarily eliminated renally through cooperation of glomerular filtration with active tubular transport. Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis is a variable in drug disposition, yet the impact on renal transport processes has yet to be fully understood. The goal of this study was to determine the effect of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis on the pharmacokinetics of adefovir in rats given a control or methionine and choline deficient diet to induce nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
NoteAvailable online 2 July 2016. 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsEuropean Social Fund; state budget of the Czech Republic [CZ.1.07/2.3.00/30.006]; National Institutes of Health (USA) [HD062489, DK068039]
- Functional involvement of multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) in the renal elimination of the antiviral drugs adefovir and tenofovir.
- Authors: Imaoka T, Kusuhara H, Adachi M, Schuetz JD, Takeuchi K, Sugiyama Y
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Renal xenobiotic transporter expression is altered in multiple experimental models of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Authors: Canet MJ, Hardwick RN, Lake AD, Dzierlenga AL, Clarke JD, Goedken MJ, Cherrington NJ
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Systemic and renal pharmacokinetics of adefovir and tenofovir upon coadministration.
- Authors: Kearney BP, Ramanathan S, Cheng AK, Ebrahimi R, Shah J
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Gene-by-Environment Interaction of Bcrp<sup>-/-</sup> and Methionine- and Choline-Deficient Diet-Induced Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Alters SN-38 Disposition.
- Authors: Toth EL, Li H, Dzierlenga AL, Clarke JD, Vildhede A, Goedken M, Cherrington NJ
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Effects of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease on Hepatic CYP2B1 and in Vivo Bupropion Disposition in Rats Fed a High-Fat or Methionine/Choline-Deficient Diet.
- Authors: Cho SJ, Kim SB, Cho HJ, Chong S, Chung SJ, Kang IM, Lee JI, Yoon IS, Kim DD
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 13