In 10 minutes: The system will be unavailable for new submissions from 11:45 a.m. Arizona time to 12:15 p.m. Arizona time on Monday, December 10th, 2018. (Duration - 30 minutes) Please save any submissions you have started, and do not start new submissions during this brief 30 minute time period. Thank you, and please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Bradyarrhythmias: Clinical Presentation, Diagnosis, and Management.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Nursing
Sinus node dysfunction
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherW B SAUNDERS CO-ELSEVIER INC
CitationBradyarrhythmias: Clinical Presentation, Diagnosis, and Management. 2016, 28 (3):297-308 Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am
Rights© 2016 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractBradyarrhythmias are common clinical findings consisting of physiologic and pathologic conditions (sinus node dysfunction and atrioventricular [AV] conduction disturbances). Bradyarrhythmias can be benign, requiring no treatment; however, acute unstable bradycardia can lead to cardiac arrest. In patients with confirmed or suspected bradycardia, a thorough history and physical examination should include possible causes of sinoatrial node dysfunction or AV block. Management of bradycardia is based on the severity of symptoms, the underlying causes, presence of potentially reversible causes, presence of adverse signs, and risk of progression to asystole. Pharmacologic therapy and/or pacing are used to manage unstable or symptomatic bradyarrhythmias.
NotePublished online: June 22, 2016. 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Bradycardia: sinus and AV node dysfunction.
- Authors: Pellegrini CN, Scheinman MM
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Bradyarrhythmias and conduction blocks.
- Authors: Vogler J, Breithardt G, Eckardt L
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Bradyarrhythmias: clinical significance and management.
- Authors: Dreifus LS, Michelson EL, Kaplinsky E
- Issue date: 1983 Jan
- [Syncope in bradycardic cardiac arrhythmias].
- Authors: Kühlkamp V, Seipel L
- Issue date: 1993 Jun
- Simplified Cardioneuroablation in the Treatment of Reflex Syncope, Functional AV Block, and Sinus Node Dysfunction.
- Authors: Aksu T, Golcuk E, Yalin K, Guler TE, Erden I
- Issue date: 2016 Jan