Does a Patient-centered Educational Intervention Affect African-American Access to Knee Replacement? A Randomized Trial.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Sch Med
Univ Arizona, Arthrit Ctr
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDoes a Patient-centered Educational Intervention Affect African-American Access to Knee Replacement? A Randomized Trial. 2016, 474 (8):1755-64 Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res.
Rights© The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® 2016
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractA TKA is the most effective and cost-effective surgical option for moderate to severe osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. Yet, black patients are less willing to undergo knee replacement surgery than white patients. Decision aids help people understand treatment options and consider the personal importance of possible benefits and harms of treatments, including TKA.
Note12 month embargo
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsNIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Skin Diseases [1-RO1-AR-054474-5, K24AR055259]
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Effect of a Decision Aid on Access to Total Knee Replacement for Black Patients With Osteoarthritis of the Knee: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Ibrahim SA, Blum M, Lee GC, Mooar P, Medvedeva E, Collier A, Richardson D
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 18
- Willingness and access to joint replacement among African American patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomized, controlled intervention.
- Authors: Ibrahim SA, Hanusa BH, Hannon MJ, Kresevic D, Long J, Kent Kwoh C
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Editor's Spotlight/Take 5: Does a Patient-centered Educational Intervention Affect African-American Access to Knee Replacement? A Randomized Trial.
- Authors: Leopold SS
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Race, sex, and total knee replacement consideration: role of social support.
- Authors: Vina ER, Cloonan YK, Ibrahim SA, Hannon MJ, Boudreau RM, Kwoh CK
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Decision aid for patients considering total knee arthroplasty with preference report for surgeons: a pilot randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Stacey D, Hawker G, Dervin G, Tugwell P, Boland L, Pomey MP, O'Connor AM, Taljaard M
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 24