Does a Patient-centered Educational Intervention Affect African-American Access to Knee Replacement? A Randomized Trial.
16-00060R1 Vina et al SSL Edited ...
Final Accepted Manuscript
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Sch Med
Univ Arizona, Arthrit Ctr
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDoes a Patient-centered Educational Intervention Affect African-American Access to Knee Replacement? A Randomized Trial. 2016, 474 (8):1755-64 Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res.
Rights© The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons® 2016.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractA TKA is the most effective and cost-effective surgical option for moderate to severe osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. Yet, black patients are less willing to undergo knee replacement surgery than white patients. Decision aids help people understand treatment options and consider the personal importance of possible benefits and harms of treatments, including TKA.
Note12 month embargo
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsNIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Skin Diseases [1-RO1-AR-054474-5, K24AR055259]
- Removing Pathoanatomical Content From Information Pamphlets About Knee Osteoarthritis Did Not Affect Beliefs About Imaging or Surgery, but Led to Lower Perceptions That Exercise Is Damaging and Better Osteoarthritis Knowledge: An Online Randomised Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Lawford BJ, Bennell KL, Hall M, Egerton T, Filbay S, McManus F, Lamb KE, Hinman RS
- Issue date: 2023 Apr
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Physical Therapy Utilization After Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Authors: Ratnasamy PP, Oghenesume OP, Rudisill KE, Grauer JN
- Issue date: 2023 Apr 1
- Navigating the maze of osteoarthritis treatment: A qualitative study exploring the experience of individuals with osteoarthritis in Tasmania, Australia.
- Authors: Sutton L, Jose K, Hansen E, Laslett L, Makin J, Winzenberg T, Balogun S, Aitken D
- Issue date: 2023 Mar
- Factors associated with willingness to provide biospecimens for genetics research among African American cancer survivors.
- Authors: Ewing AT, Kalu N, Cain G, Erby LH, Ricks-Santi LJ, Tetteyfio-Kidd Telemaque E, Scott DM
- Issue date: 2019 Oct