Protocols.io: Virtual Communities for Protocol Development and Discussion
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Agr & Biosyst Engn
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherPublic Library of Science
CitationTeytelman L, Stoliartchouk A, Kindler L, Hurwitz BL (2016) Protocols.io: Virtual Communities for Protocol Development and Discussion. PLoS Biol 14(8): e1002538. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.1002538
Rights© 2016 Teytelman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe detailed know-how to implement research protocols frequently remains restricted to the research group that developed the method or technology. This knowledge often exists at a level that is too detailed for inclusion in the methods section of scientific articles. Consequently, methods are not easily reproduced, leading to a loss of time and effort by other researchers. The challenge is to develop a method-centered collaborative platform to connect with fellow researchers and discover state-of-the-art knowledge. Protocols. io is an open-access platform for detailing, sharing, and discussing molecular and computational protocols that can be useful before, during, and after publication of research results.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsGordon Betty Moore Foundation [GBMF4733]
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Application description and policy model in collaborative environment for sharing of information on epidemiological and clinical research data sets.
- Authors: de Carvalho EC, Batilana AP, Simkins J, Martins H, Shah J, Rajgor D, Shah A, Rockart S, Pietrobon R
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 19
- Method-centered digital communities on protocols.io for fast-paced scientific innovation.
- Authors: Kindler L, Stoliartchouk A, Teytelman L, Hurwitz BL
- Issue date: 2016
- Effective collaborative learning in biomedical education using a web-based infrastructure.
- Authors: Wu Y, Zheng F, Cai S, Xiang N, Zhong Z, He J, Xu F
- Issue date: 2012
- Icy: an open bioimage informatics platform for extended reproducible research.
- Authors: de Chaumont F, Dallongeville S, Chenouard N, Hervé N, Pop S, Provoost T, Meas-Yedid V, Pankajakshan P, Lecomte T, Le Montagner Y, Lagache T, Dufour A, Olivo-Marin JC
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 28
- European virtual campus for biomedical engineering EVICAB.
- Authors: Malmivuo JA, Nousiainen JO, Lindroos KV
- Issue date: 2007