Assessing Upper-Extremity Motion: An Innovative, Objective Method to Identify Frailty in Older Bed-Bound Trauma Patients.
Heusser, Michelle R
Orouji Jokar, Tahereh
Phelan, Herb A
AffiliationUniv Arizona, iCAMP
Univ Arizona, Dept Surg, Div Trauma Emergency Surg Crit Care & Burns
Univ Arizona, Dept Biomed Engn
Univ Arizona, Arizona Ctr Aging, Dept Med
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
CitationAssessing Upper-Extremity Motion: An Innovative, Objective Method to Identify Frailty in Older Bed-Bound Trauma Patients. 2016, 223 (2):240-8 J. Am. Coll. Surg.
Rights© 2016 by the American College of Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractDespite increasing evidence that assessing frailty facilitates medical decision-making, a quick and clinically simple frailty assessment tool is not available for trauma settings.
NoteAvailable online 4 May 2016. 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsNIH/National Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering [1R25EB012973]; National Institute on Aging [5R44AG050338-02]; Flinn Foundation 
- Upper-Extremity Function Predicts Adverse Health Outcomes among Older Adults Hospitalized for Ground-Level Falls.
- Authors: Joseph B, Toosizadeh N, Orouji Jokar T, Heusser MR, Mohler J, Najafi B
- Issue date: 2017
- Frailty assessment in older adults using upper-extremity function: index development.
- Authors: Toosizadeh N, Wendel C, Hsu CH, Zamrini E, Mohler J
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 2
- Upper-extremity function prospectively predicts adverse discharge and all-cause COPD readmissions: a pilot study.
- Authors: Ehsani H, Mohler MJ, Golden T, Toosizadeh N
- Issue date: 2019
- Assessing Upper Extremity Motion: An Innovative Method to Identify Frailty.
- Authors: Toosizadeh N, Mohler J, Najafi B
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Sensor-Based Upper-Extremity Frailty Assessment for the Vascular Surgery Risk Stratification.
- Authors: Yanquez FJ, Peterson A, Weinkauf C, Goshima KR, Zhou W, Mohler J, Ehsani H, Toosizadeh N
- Issue date: 2020 Feb