Trends in Follow-Up of Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Symptomatic Cholelithiasis.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Surg
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
CitationTrends in Follow-Up of Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Symptomatic Cholelithiasis. 2016, 222 (4):377-84 J. Am. Coll. Surg.
Rights© 2016 by the American College of Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractFewer than 25% of Medicare beneficiaries presenting with symptomatic cholelithiasis undergo elective cholecystectomy. To better understand underuse of cholecystectomy, we examined physician follow-up patterns after emergency department (ED) visits for symptomatic gallstones.
NoteAvailable online 21 December 2015; 12 month embargo.
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsFunding: Supported by grants from the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas Grant # RP140020 , UTMB Clinical and Translational Science Award #UL1TR000071, NIH T-32 Grant # 5T32DK007639, and AHRQ Grant # 1R24HS022134
- Hospital readmission after emergency room visit for cholelithiasis.
- Authors: Williams TP, Dimou FM, Adhikari D, Kimbrough TD, Riall TS
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- The risk paradox: use of elective cholecystectomy in older patients is independent of their risk of developing complications.
- Authors: Riall TS, Adhikari D, Parmar AD, Linder SK, Dimou FM, Crowell W, Tamirisa NP, Townsend CM Jr, Goodwin JS
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- PREOP-Gallstones: A Prognostic Nomogram for the Management of Symptomatic Cholelithiasis in Older Patients.
- Authors: Parmar AD, Sheffield KM, Adhikari D, Davee RA, Vargas GM, Tamirisa NP, Kuo YF, Goodwin JS, Riall TS
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Peri-operative emergency department utilization in inpatient and outpatient Medicare laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Nedza SM, Fry DE, Pine M, Reband AM, Chen P, Pine G
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Emergency Department Visits Following Joint Replacement Surgery in an Era of Mandatory Bundled Payments.
- Authors: Nedza SM, Fry DE, DesHarnais S, Spencer E, Yep P
- Issue date: 2017 Feb