Computer-aided high-accuracy testing of reflective surface with reverse Hartmann test
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationComputer-aided high-accuracy testing of reflective surface with reverse Hartmann test 2016, 24 (17):19671 Optics Express
Rights© 2016 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractThe deflectometry provides a feasible way for surface testing with a high dynamic range, and the calibration is a key issue in the testing. A computer-aided testing method based on reverse Hartmann test, a fringe-illumination deflectometry, is proposed for high-accuracy testing of reflective surfaces. The virtual "null" testing of surface error is achieved based on ray tracing of the modeled test system. Due to the off-axis configuration in the test system, it places ultra-high requirement on the calibration of system geometry. The system modeling error can introduce significant residual systematic error in the testing results, especially in the cases of convex surface and small working distance. A calibration method based on the computer-aided reverse optimization with iterative ray tracing is proposed for the highaccuracy testing of reflective surface. Both the computer simulation and experiments have been carried out to demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed measurement method, and good measurement accuracy has been achieved. The proposed method can achieve the measurement accuracy comparable to the interferometric method, even with the large system geometry calibration error, providing a feasible way to address the uncertainty on the calibration of system geometry. (C) 2016 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) [11404312, 51476154, 51404223, 51375467]; China Scholarships Council ; Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China [LY13E060006, Q14E060016]; Zhejiang Key Discipline of Instrument Science and Technology [JL150508, JL150502]; Guangxi Key Laboratory of Automatic Detecting Technology and Instruments [YQ15204]; Guangxi Colleges and Universities Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Information Processing [KFJJ2014-03]
- Accurate calibration of geometrical error in reflective surface testing based on reverse Hartmann test.
- Authors: Wang D, Gong Z, Xu P, Wang C, Liang R, Kong M, Zhao J
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 2
- Software configurable optical test system: a computerized reverse Hartmann test.
- Authors: Su P, Parks RE, Wang L, Angel RP, Burge JH
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 10
- Misalignment aberrations calibration in testing of high-numerical-aperture spherical surfaces.
- Authors: Wang D, Yang Y, Chen C, Zhuo Y
- Issue date: 2011 May 10
- Extra-detection-free monoscopic deflectometry for the in situ measurement of freeform specular surfaces.
- Authors: Xu X, Zhang X, Niu Z, Wang W, Xu M
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 1
- Probe misalignment calibration in fiber point-diffraction interferometer.
- Authors: Wang D, Xie Z, Wang C, Liang J, Wu H, Kong M
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 11