Snapshot linear-Stokes imaging spectropolarimeter using division-of-focal-plane polarimetry and integral field spectroscopy
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationSnapshot linear-Stokes imaging spectropolarimeter using division-of-focal-plane polarimetry and integral field spectroscopy 2017, 7:42115 Scientific Reports
Rights© The Author(s) 2017. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractIn this paper, the design and experimental demonstration of a snapshot linear-Stokes imaging spectropolarimeter (SLSIS) is presented. The SLSIS, which is based on division-of-focal-plane polarimetry with four parallel linear polarization channels and integral field spectroscopy with numerous slit dispersive paths, has no moving parts and provides video-rate Stokes-vector hyperspectral datacubes. It does not need any scanning in the spectral, spatial or polarization dimension and offers significant advantages of rapid reconstruction without heavy computation during post-processing. The principle and the experimental setup of the SLSIS are described in detail. The image registration, Stokes spectral reconstruction and calibration procedures are included, and the system is validated using measurements of tungsten light and a static scene. The SLSIS's snapshot ability to resolve polarization spectral signatures is demonstrated using measurements of a dynamic scene.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsChina Scholarship ; National Major Project [32-Y30B08-9001-13/15]; Program 863 of China [2012AA121101]; Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China [xjj2013044]
- Realization of quantitative-grade fieldable snapshot imaging spectropolarimeter.
- Authors: Jones S, Iannarilli F, Kebabian P
- Issue date: 2004 Dec 27
- Compact static Fourier transform imaging spectropolarimeter based on channeled polarimetry.
- Authors: Li J, Zhu J, Wu H
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- Stokes imaging spectropolarimeter based on channeled polarimetry with full-resolution spectra and aliasing reduction.
- Authors: Zhang C, Quan N, Mu T
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 20
- Hybrid division of aperture/division of a focal-plane polarimeter for real-time polarization imagery without an instantaneous field-of-view error.
- Authors: Tyo JS
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 15
- Error analysis of single-snapshot full-Stokes division-of-aperture imaging polarimeters.
- Authors: Mu T, Zhang C, Li Q, Liang R
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 20