Cavity-enhanced eigenmode and angular hybrid multiplexing in holographic data storage systems
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationCavity-enhanced eigenmode and angular hybrid multiplexing in holographic data storage systems 2016, 24 (26):29465 Optics Express
Rights© 2016 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractResonant optical cavities have been demonstrated to improve energy efficiencies in Holographic Data Storage Systems (HDSS). The orthogonal reference beams supported as cavity eigenmodes can provide another multiplexing degree of freedom to push storage densities toward the limit of 3D optical data storage. While keeping the increased energy efficiency of a cavity enhanced reference arm, image bearing holograms are multiplexed by orthogonal phase code multiplexing via Hermite-Gaussian eigenmodes in a Fe: LiNbO3 medium with a 532 nm laser at two Bragg angles. We experimentally confirmed write rates are enhanced by an average factor of 1.1, and page crosstalk is about 2.5%. This hybrid multiplexing opens up a pathway to increase storage density while minimizing modification of current angular multiplexing HDSS. (C) 2016 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
- Orthogonal polarization simultaneous readout for volume holograms with hybrid angle and polarization multiplexing in LiNbO(3).
- Authors: Su WC, Chen CM, Ouyang Y
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 1
- Cavity techniques for holographic data storage recording.
- Authors: Miller BE, Takashima Y
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Orthogonal-reference-pattern-modulated shift multiplexing for collinear holographic data storage.
- Authors: Li J, Cao L, Gu H, Tan X, He Q, Jin G
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 1
- Spatioangular-multiplexing scheme for dense holographic storage.
- Authors: Tao S, Song ZH, Selviah DR, Midwinter JE
- Issue date: 1995 Oct 10
- Orthogonal reference pattern multiplexing for collinear holographic data storage.
- Authors: Cao L, Liu J, Li J, He Q, Jin G
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 1