Identification of G-quadruplexes in long functional RNAs using 7-deazaguanine RNA
Hurley, Laurence H
Burley, Glenn A
Eperon, Ian C
AffiliationCollege of Pharmacy and BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona
University of Arizona Cancer Center
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationIdentification of G-quadruplexes in long functional RNAs using 7-deazaguanine RNA 2016, 13 (1):18 Nature Chemical Biology
JournalNature Chemical Biology
RightsCopyright © 2016, Rights Managed by Nature Publishing Group
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractRNA G-quadruplex (G4) structures are thought to affect biological processes, including translation and pre-mRNA splicing, but it is not possible at present to demonstrate that they form naturally at specific sequences in long functional RNA molecules. We developed a new strategy, footprinting of long 7-deazaguanine-substituted RNAs (FOLDeR), that allows the formation of G4s to be confirmed in long RNAs and under functional conditions.
Note6 month embargo; Published online 07 November 2016
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsMedical Research Council Career Development Award [G1000526]; Bank of Butterfield Foundation in Bermuda; Lorraine University [UMR 7365]; European Alternative Splicing Network of Excellence (EURASNET, FP6 life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health) [LSHG-CT-2005-518238]; CNRS
- Targeted Detection of G-Quadruplexes in Cellular RNAs.
- Authors: Kwok CK, Balasubramanian S
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 1
- Do we know whether potential G-quadruplexes actually form in long functional RNA molecules?
- Authors: Weldon C, Eperon IC, Dominguez C
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 15
- QGRS Mapper: a web-based server for predicting G-quadruplexes in nucleotide sequences.
- Authors: Kikin O, D'Antonio L, Bagga PS
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 1
- Designing a New Class of Bases for Nucleic Acid Quadruplexes and Quadruplex-Active Ligands.
- Authors: Bazzi S, Novotný J, Yurenko YP, Marek R
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 22
- Sole and stable RNA duplexes of G-rich sequences located in the 5'-untranslated region of protooncogenes.
- Authors: Saxena S, Miyoshi D, Sugimoto N
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 24