Cellular resolution multiplexed FLIM tomography with dual-color Bessel beam
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
Univ Arizona, Dept Mol & Cell Biol
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationCellular resolution multiplexed FLIM tomography with dual-color Bessel beam 2017, 8 (2):570 Biomedical Optics Express
JournalBiomedical Optics Express
Rights© 2017 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractFourier multiplexed FLIM (FmFLIM) tomography enables multiplexed 3D lifetime imaging of whole embryos. In our previous FmFLIM system, the spatial resolution was limited to 25 mu m because of the trade-off between the spatial resolution and the imaging depth. In order to achieve cellular resolution imaging of thick specimens, we built a tomography system with dual-color Bessel beam. In combination with FmFLIM, the Bessel FmFLIM tomography system can perform parallel 3D lifetime imaging on multiple excitation-emission channels at a cellular resolution of 2.8 mu m. The image capability of the Bessel FmFLIM tomography system was demonstrated by 3D lifetime imaging of dual-labeled transgenic zebrafish embryos. (C) 2017 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Institutes of Health (NIH) [R00EB008737, R01EB015481]; NIH [R00DK091405]; American Society of Nephrology; National Kidney Foundation
- Parallel excitation-emission multiplexed fluorescence lifetime confocal microscopy for live cell imaging.
- Authors: Zhao M, Li Y, Peng L
- Issue date: 2014 May 5
- Three-dimensional live multi-label light-sheet imaging with synchronous excitation-multiplexed structured illumination.
- Authors: Xu D, Zhou W, Peng L
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 11
- Axial resolution enhancement of light-sheet microscopy by double scanning of Bessel beam and its complementary beam.
- Authors: Jia H, Yu X, Yang Y, Zhou X, Yan S, Liu C, Lei M, Yao B
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Multiplexed 3D FRET imaging in deep tissue of live embryos.
- Authors: Zhao M, Wan X, Li Y, Zhou W, Peng L
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 21
- Improving axial resolution of Bessel beam light-sheet fluorescence microscopy by photobleaching imprinting.
- Authors: Xiong B, Han X, Wu J, Xie H, Dai Q
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 30