Rotational magneto-acousto-electric tomography (MAET): theory and experimental validation
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Math
Univ Arizona, Dept Med Imaging
KeywordsLorentz force tomography
electric impedance tomography
imaging of conductivity
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherIOP PUBLISHING LTD
CitationRotational magneto-acousto-electric tomography (MAET): theory and experimental validation 2017, 62 (8):3025 Physics in Medicine and Biology
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
Rights© 2017 Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe present a novel two-dimensional (2D) MAET scanner, with a rotating object of interest and two fixed pairs of electrodes. Such an acquisition scheme, with our novel reconstruction techniques, recovers the boundaries of the regions of constant conductivity uniformly well, regardless of their orientation. We also present a general image reconstruction algorithm for the 2D MAET in a circular chamber with point-like electrodes immersed into the saline surrounding the object. An alternative linearized reconstruction procedure is developed, suitable for recovering the material interfaces (boundaries) when a non-ideal piezoelectric transducer is used for acoustic excitation. The work of the scanner and the linearized reconstruction algorithm is demonstrated using several phantoms made of high-contrast materials and a biological sample.
Note12 month embargo; Published 21 March 2017
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsBIO5 fellowship [BIO5FLW2014-04]; NIH [NINDS R24MH109060]; NSF [NSF/DMS-1211521, NSF/DMS-1418772]
- Magneto-Acousto-Electrical Tomography With Magnetic Induction for Conductivity Reconstruction.
- Authors: Guo L, Liu G, Xia H
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- The experimental study of mouse liver in magneto-acousto-electrical tomography by scan mode.
- Authors: Li Y, Song J, Xia H, Liu G
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 5
- Numerical implementation of magneto-acousto-electrical tomography (MAET) using a linear phased array transducer.
- Authors: Gözü MS, Zengin R, Gençer NG
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 26
- Magneto-acousto-electrical Measurement Based Electrical Conductivity Reconstruction for Tissues.
- Authors: Zhou Y, Ma Q, Guo G, Tu J, Zhang D
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Data acquisition system for MAET with magnetic field measurements.
- Authors: Kaboutari K, Önder Tetik A, Ghalichi E, Soner Gözü M, Zengin R, Güneri Gençer N
- Issue date: 2019 May 29