AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Orthoped Surg
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherTAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
CitationAn unusual variant of perilunate fracture dislocations 2016, 3 (1):7 Case Reports in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Rights© 2016 The Author(s). Published by Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractTrans-scaphoid, trans-radial styloid, trans-triquetral perilunate fracture dislocations are rare. We describe a 19-year-old male who suffered this injury after crashing his bicycle. He underwent open reduction internal fixation and percutaneous pinning. Scaphoid union was achieved at 8 weeks. Near complete range of painless motion was achieved by 4 months.
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
- Use of external fixation for perilunate dislocations and fracture dislocations.
- Authors: Savvidou OD, Beltsios M, Sakellariou VI, Mavrogenis AF, Christodoulou M, Papagelopoulos PJ
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Trans-radial styloid, trans-scaphoid, trans-triquetral perilunate dislocation.
- Authors: Schranz PJ, Fagg PS
- Issue date: 1991 Oct
- Trans-scaphoid perilunate fracture-dislocation and isolated perilunate dislocations; surgical versus non surgical treatment.
- Authors: Bagheri F, Taraz-Jamshidi MH, Birjandinejad A, Sharifi-Daloei SR, Mirkazemi M, Choghadeh MF, Asadian M, Rahimi-Shorin H
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Complex and rare fracture patterns in perilunate dislocations.
- Authors: Apostolides JG, Lifchez SD, Christy MR
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Trans-triquetral Perilunate fracture dislocation.
- Authors: Rhind JH, Gulihar A, Smith A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr