November 20, 2018: Most content in the UA Campus Repository is not accessible using the search/browse functions due to a performance bug; we are actively working to resolve this issue. If you are looking for content you know is in the repository, but cannot get to it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and we'll make sure to get the content to you.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Orthopaed Surg
rose gardener's disease
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherTAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
CitationDisseminated sporotrichosis in an immunocompetent patient 2016, 3 (1):44 Case Reports in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Rights© 2016 The Author(s). Published by Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractSporothrix schenckii, the causative agent of sporotrichosis, is a relatively rare infection. Local infection usually occurs through direct inoculation of the organism through the skin; disseminated disease is rarely seen. This article describes a case of disseminated sporotrichosis in a middle-aged man without the commonly seen risk factors for dissemination.
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
- Disseminated sporotrichosis and Sporothrix schenckii fungemia as the initial presentation of human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Authors: al-Tawfiq JA, Wools KK
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- Molluscum-like lesions in a patient with sporotrichosis.
- Authors: Schechtman RC, Crignis GS, Pockstaller MP, Azulay-Abulafia L, Quintella LP, Belo M
- Issue date: 2011 Nov-Dec
- Sporothrix schenckii fungemia without disseminated sporotrichosis.
- Authors: Kosinski RM, Axelrod P, Rex JH, Burday M, Sivaprasad R, Wreiole A
- Issue date: 1992 Feb
- Practice guidelines for the management of patients with sporotrichosis. For the Mycoses Study Group. Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Authors: Kauffman CA, Hajjeh R, Chapman SW
- Issue date: 2000 Apr
- Disseminated cutaneous sporotrichosis.
- Authors: Chang S, Hersh AM, Naughton G, Mullins K, Fung MA, Sharon VR
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 15