Simultaneous multi-segmented mirror orientation test system using a digital aperture based on sheared Fourier analysis
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
Univ Arizona, Steward Observ
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationSimultaneous multi-segmented mirror orientation test system using a digital aperture based on sheared Fourier analysis 2017, 25 (15):18152 Optics Express
Rights© 2017 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThis paper presents a simultaneous multi-segmented mirror orientation test system (SMOTS) using localized sheared images. A CMOS camera captures images of reflected 2D sinusoidal patterns from the test mirrors as their orientation changes. Surface orientation is measured to within 0.8 mu rad (0.16 arcseconds) for a flat mirror. In addition, we measure the variation of seven mirror segments simultaneously. Furthermore, SMOTS is applied to measure the orientation of two concave mirrors with an accuracy of 2.7 mu rad (0.56 arcseconds). The measurement time for seven segments is 0.07 s. This technique can monitor the mirror segment orientation in an open/closed-loop for various optical setups. (C) 2017 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsKorea Basic Science Institute; Friends of Tucson Optics (FoTO) Endowed Scholarships in Optical Sciences
- Fizeau interferometric cophasing of segmented mirrors.
- Authors: Cheetham AC, Tuthill PG, Sivaramakrishnan A, Lloyd JP
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 31
- Profile measurement of concave spherical mirror and a flat mirror using a high-speed nanoprofiler.
- Authors: Usuki K, Kitayama T, Matsumura H, Kojima T, Uchikoshi J, Higashi Y, Endo K
- Issue date: 2013 May 16
- All-sky camera with a concave mirror.
- Authors: Andreić Z, Radić N
- Issue date: 1996 Jan 1
- Co-phasing experiment of a segmented mirror using a combined broadband and two-wavelength algorithm.
- Authors: Li B, Yu WH, Chen M, Tang JL, Xian H
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 10
- MEMS segmented-based adaptive optics scanning laser ophthalmoscope.
- Authors: Manzanera S, Helmbrecht MA, Kempf CJ, Roorda A
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 13