A Novel Endoscopic Technique to Diagnose Gastric Cancer in Excluded Stomach after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Div Gastroenterol & Hepatol, Coll Med, Banner Univ Med Ctr
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER COLL GASTROENTEROLOGY
CitationA Novel Endoscopic Technique to Diagnose Gastric Cancer in Excluded Stomach after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass 2017, 4 ACG Case Reports Journal
JournalACG Case Reports Journal
RightsCopyright: © 2017 Kumar et al. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractAccess to the bypassed portion of the stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass remains a challenge. We present a case of 64-year-old woman who presented with gastric outlet obstruction. We used a novel endoscopic technique to access the bypassed stomach by creating a jejunogastrostomy using a specialized stent, which allowed the insertion of a pediatric gastroscope to examine the bypassed portion of the stomach. Stomach biopsies revealed poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma with signet cell features.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright: © 2017 Kumar et al. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Percutaneous endoscopy to diagnose malignancy in gastric outlet obstruction of excluded stomach after gastric bypass.
- Authors: Ahmad W, Rubin J, Kwong W
- Issue date: 2017
- Linitis plastica of the bypassed stomach 7 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a case report.
- Authors: Haenen FW, Gys B, Moreels T, Michielsen M, Gys T, Lafullarde T
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Is it feasible to reach the bypassed stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity? The use of the double-balloon enteroscope.
- Authors: Sakai P, Kuga R, Safatle-Ribeiro AV, Faintuch J, Gama-Rodrigues JJ, Ishida RK, Furuya CK Jr, Yamamoto H, Ishioka S
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Exploring the Excluded Stomach: A Case Series of Novel Endoscopic Techniques to Diagnose Gastric Cancer in the Excluded Stomach After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery.
- Authors: Ali S, Chaar A, Frandah W, Altoos R, Sattar Z, Hasan M
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 18
- An experimental study of the electrical activity of the bypassed stomach in the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Authors: Ferraz AA, Leão CS, Campos JM, Coelho AR, Zilbestein B, Ferraz EM
- Issue date: 2007 Apr-Jun