A Novel Endoscopic Technique to Diagnose Gastric Cancer in Excluded Stomach after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Div Gastroenterol & Hepatol, Coll Med, Banner Univ Med Ctr
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER COLL GASTROENTEROLOGY
CitationA Novel Endoscopic Technique to Diagnose Gastric Cancer in Excluded Stomach after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass 2017, 4 ACG Case Reports Journal
JournalACG Case Reports Journal
RightsCopyright: © 2017 Kumar et al. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractAccess to the bypassed portion of the stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass remains a challenge. We present a case of 64-year-old woman who presented with gastric outlet obstruction. We used a novel endoscopic technique to access the bypassed stomach by creating a jejunogastrostomy using a specialized stent, which allowed the insertion of a pediatric gastroscope to examine the bypassed portion of the stomach. Stomach biopsies revealed poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma with signet cell features.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Percutaneous endoscopy to diagnose malignancy in gastric outlet obstruction of excluded stomach after gastric bypass.
- Authors: Ahmad W, Rubin J, Kwong W
- Issue date: 2017
- Is it feasible to reach the bypassed stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity? The use of the double-balloon enteroscope.
- Authors: Sakai P, Kuga R, Safatle-Ribeiro AV, Faintuch J, Gama-Rodrigues JJ, Ishida RK, Furuya CK Jr, Yamamoto H, Ishioka S
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Investigation of the excluded stomach after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: the role of percutaneous endoscopy.
- Authors: Gill KR, McKinney JM, Stark ME, Bouras EP
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 28
- An experimental study of the electrical activity of the bypassed stomach in the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Authors: Ferraz AA, Leão CS, Campos JM, Coelho AR, Zilbestein B, Ferraz EM
- Issue date: 2007 Apr-Jun
- Perforation in the bypassed stomach following laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Authors: Papasavas PK, Yeaney WW, Caushaj PF, Keenan RJ, Landreneau RJ, Gagné DJ
- Issue date: 2003 Oct