AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med Phoenix
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSigmoid Adenocarcinoma with Regional Scrotal Metastasis 2017, 10 (2):416 Case Reports in Oncology
JournalCase Reports in Oncology
Rights© 2017 The Author(s). This article is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC) .
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractColorectal cancer is a common disease, representing the third and second most common cause of cancer death in the United States in women and men, respectively. [Ahnen et al.: Mayo Clin Proc 2014;89:216-224; Siegel et al.: CA Cancer J Clin 2016;66:7]. It is estimated that 20% of patients have distant metastatic disease at time of diagnosis [Ahnen et al.: Mayo Clin Proc 2014;89:216-224; Siegel et al.: CA Cancer J Clin 2016;66:7]. The most common metastatic sites include regional lymph nodes, liver, lungs, and peritoneum via lymphatic/hematogenous dissemination as well as contiguous and transperitoneal routes [Ahnen et al.: Mayo Clin Proc 2014;89:216-224; Siegel et al.: CA Cancer J Clin 2016;66:7]. Upon review of the literature, we found that metastatic colon cancer to the scrotum is rare. The following case report proved to be a unique example of this type of metastasis. This rare regional metastasis is theorized to have resulted from a colo-urethro-scrotal fistula that precipitated from the patient's prior traumatic event. (C) 2017 The Author(s) Published by S. Karger AG, Basel
NoteOpen Access Journal.
VersionFinal published version
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Lung cancer with gastrointestinal metastasis - review of theories of metastasis with three rare case descriptions.
- Authors: Mehta RS, Liman AD, Passero VA, Liman AK
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Adenocarcinoma of the colon presenting with scrotal metastasis: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Udkoff J, Cohen PR
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 15
- TisN0M1 Sigmoid Colon Cancer: A Case Report.
- Authors: Lee KH, Kim JS, Cheon KS, Song IS, Kang DY, Kim JY
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- [Urethral Fistula and Scrotal Abscess Associated with Colovesical Fistula Due to the Sigmoid Colon Cancer].
- Authors: Nakazawa S, Uemura M, Miyagawa Y, Tsujimura A, Nonomura N
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Colon cancer metastatic to the lung and the thyroid gland.
- Authors: Hanna WC, Ponsky TA, Trachiotis GD, Knoll SM
- Issue date: 2006 Jan