AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationAll-reflective multiphoton microscope 2017, 25 (19):23399 Optics Express
Rights© 2017 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe present the design, construction, and characterization of a multiphoton microscope that uses reflective elements for beam shaping and steering. This compact all reflective design removes the adverse effects of dispersion on laser pulse broadening as well as chromatic aberration in the focusing of broadband and multicolored laser sources. The design of this system is discussed in detail, including aberrations analysis via ray-tracing simulation and opto-mechanical design. The resolution of this mirror based all-reflective microscope is characterized using fluorescent microbeads. The performance of the system at multiple wavelengths is investigated along with some potential multiphoton imaging and writing applications. (C) 2017 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Science Foundation (NSF) [ECCS 1610048]; National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program [DGE-1143953]; The Office of Naval Research (ONR) under Optical Computing MURI [N00014-16-1-2237]; ONR nano-modulator MURI; NSF ERC CIAN; State of Arizona TRIF
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Application of a reflective microscope objective for multiphoton microscopy.
- Authors: Kabir MM, Choubal AM, Toussaint KC Jr
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 20
- Self-referenced axial chromatic dispersion measurement in multiphoton microscopy through 2-color third-harmonic generation imaging.
- Authors: Du Y, Zhuang Z, He J, Liu H, Qiu P, Wang K
- Issue date: 2018 May 16
- Smart microscope: an adaptive optics learning system for aberration correction in multiphoton confocal microscopy.
- Authors: Albert O, Sherman L, Mourou G, Norris TB, Vdovin G
- Issue date: 2000 Jan 1
- Field modeling and ray-tracing of a miniature scanning electron microscope beam column.
- Authors: Loyd JS, Gregory DA, Gaskin JA
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- Calculated two-photon fluorescence correction factors for reflective scan engines.
- Authors: Sharafutdinova G, Holdsworth J, van Helden D
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 10