Dual-wavelength source based optical circuit switching and wavelength reconfiguration in multi-hop ROADM systems
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationDual-wavelength source based optical circuit switching and wavelength reconfiguration in multi-hop ROADM systems 2017, 25 (22):27736 Optics Express
Rights© 2017 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractUsing a dual-wavelength source, a single optical signal is distributed over two wavelengths. This approach is used to reduce power excursions due to optical circuit switching in ROADM systems. In a multi-hop optical transmission system with 100Gbps PM-QPSK signals switched over five ROADMs and 265 km of single mode fiber (SMF), power excursions are kept within +/- 0.2 dB using dual-wavelength sources. A cumulative distribution function (CDF) of channel power excursions is generated from measurements of over 100 random channel loadings for four different channel loading plans. Using dual-wavelength sources, power excursions of up to +/- 6 dB are reduced below +/- 1.5 dB for 99% and +/- 0.5 dB for 71.4% of the cases while switching up to 30 channels. (C) 2017 Optical Society of America
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Science Foundation (Department of Energy) [DE-SC0015867]; National Science Foundation [EEC-0812072, 1601784]
- On-chip reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer for hybrid wavelength/mode-division-multiplexing systems.
- Authors: Wang S, Feng X, Gao S, Shi Y, Dai T, Yu H, Tsang HK, Dai D
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 15
- Transmission of 8 × 480-Gb/s super-Nyquist-filtering 9-QAM-like signal at 100 GHz-grid over 5000-km SMF-28 and twenty-five 100 GHz-grid ROADMs.
- Authors: Yu J, Zhang J, Dong Z, Jia Z, Chien HC, Cai Y, Xiao X, Li X
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 1
- Monolithic multi-functional integration of ROADM modules based on polymer photonic lightwave circuit.
- Authors: Chen C, Niu X, Han C, Shi Z, Wang X, Sun X, Wang F, Cui Z, Zhang D
- Issue date: 2014 May 5
- [New type distributed optical fiber temperature sensor (DTS) based on Raman scattering and its' application].
- Authors: Wang JF, Liu HL, Zhang SQ, Yu XD, Sun ZZ, Jin SZ, Zhang ZX
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Wavelength tunable and amplitude-equilibrium dual-wavelength lasing sources with dual-pass Raman/Brillouin amplification configuration.
- Authors: Liu YG, Wang D
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 17