AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Emergency Med
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSociety for Academic Emergency Medicine Statement on Plagiarism 2017, 24 (10):1290 Academic Emergency Medicine
JournalAcademic Emergency Medicine
Rights© 2017 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe integrity of the research enterprise is of the utmost importance for the advancement of safe and effective medical practice for patients and for maintaining the public trust in health care. Academic societies and editors of journals are key participants in guarding scientific integrity. Avoiding and preventing plagiarism helps to preserve the scientific integrity of professional presentations and publications. The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Ethics Committee discusses current issues in scientific publishing integrity and provides a guideline to avoid plagiarism in SAEM presentations and publications.
Note24 month embargo; published online: 18 September 2017
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Going Beyond Academic Integrity Might Broaden our Understanding of Plagiarism in Science Education: A Perspective from a Study in Brazil.
- Authors: Santos CC, Santos PSD, Sant'ana MC, Masuda H, Barboza MB, Vasconcelos SMR
- Issue date: 2017 May
- An analysis on the research ethics cases managed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) between 1997 and 2010.
- Authors: Foo JY, Wilson SJ
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Plagiarism in Publications Using the Unpublished Raw Data of Archived Research.
- Authors: Yahaghi J, Beddu SB, Muda ZC
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Interventions to prevent misconduct and promote integrity in research and publication.
- Authors: Marusic A, Wager E, Utrobicic A, Rothstein HR, Sambunjak D
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 4
- Ethical issues faced by nursing editors.
- Authors: Freda MC, Kearney MH
- Issue date: 2005 Jun