November 20, 2018: Most content in the UA Campus Repository is not accessible using the search/browse functions due to a performance bug; we are actively working to resolve this issue. If you are looking for content you know is in the repository, but cannot get to it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and we'll make sure to get the content to you.
Experimental Study of Optimal Measurements for Quantum State Tomography
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci, Ctr Quantum Informat & Control
Univ Arizona, Dept Phys
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER PHYSICAL SOC
CitationExperimental Study of Optimal Measurements for Quantum State Tomography 2017, 119 (15) Physical Review Letters
JournalPhysical Review Letters
Rights© 2017 American Physical Society
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractQuantum tomography is a critically important tool to evaluate quantum hardware, making it essential to develop optimized measurement strategies that are both accurate and efficient. We compare a variety of strategies using nearly pure test states. Those that are informationally complete for all states are found to be accurate and reliable even in the presence of errors in the measurements themselves, while those designed to be complete only for pure states are far more efficient but highly sensitive to such errors. Our results highlight the unavoidable trade-offs inherent in quantum tomography.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsU.S. National Science Foundation [PHY-1521439, PHY-1521431, PHY 1521016]; U.S. Department of Defense
- Universally Fisher-Symmetric Informationally Complete Measurements.
- Authors: Zhu H, Hayashi M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 19
- Fisher-Symmetric Informationally Complete Measurements for Pure States.
- Authors: Li N, Ferrie C, Gross JA, Kalev A, Caves CM
- Issue date: 2016 May 6
- Cross-validated tomography.
- Authors: Mogilevtsev D, Hradil Z, Rehacek J, Shchesnovich VS
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- Quantum State Tomography via Reduced Density Matrices.
- Authors: Xin T, Lu D, Klassen J, Yu N, Ji Z, Chen J, Ma X, Long G, Zeng B, Laflamme R
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 13
- Tracking photon jumps with repeated quantum non-demolition parity measurements.
- Authors: Sun L, Petrenko A, Leghtas Z, Vlastakis B, Kirchmair G, Sliwa KM, Narla A, Hatridge M, Shankar S, Blumoff J, Frunzio L, Mirrahimi M, Devoret MH, Schoelkopf RJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 24