High-temperature operation of electrical injection type-II (GaIn)As/Ga(AsSb)/(GaIn)As “W”-quantum well lasers emitting at 1.3 µm
Weseloh, M. J.
Moloney, J. V.
Koch, S. W.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationHigh-temperature operation of electrical injection type-II (GaIn)As/Ga(AsSb)/(GaIn)As “W”-quantum well lasers emitting at 1.3 µm 2018, 8 (1) Scientific Reports
Rights© The Author(s) 2018. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractElectrical injection lasers emitting in the 1.3 mu m wavelength regime based on (GaIn)As/Ga(AsSb)/(GaIn) As type-II double "W"-quantum well heterostructures grown on GaAs substrate are demonstrated. The structure is designed by applying a fully microscopic theory and fabricated using metal organic vapor phase epitaxy. Temperature-dependent electroluminescence measurements as well as broadarea edge-emitting laser studies are carried out in order to characterize the resulting devices. Laser emission based on the fundamental type-II transition is demonstrated for a 975 mu m long laser bar in the temperature range between 10 degrees C and 100 degrees C. The device exhibits a differential efficiency of 41 % and a threshold current density of 1.0 kA/cm(2) at room temperature. Temperature-dependent laser studies reveal characteristic temperatures of T-0 = (132 +/- 3) K over the whole temperature range and T-1 = (159 +/- 13) K between 10 degrees C and 70 degrees C and T-1 = (40 +/- 1) K between 80 degrees C and 100 degrees C.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsDeutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) [Sonderforschungsbereich 1083]; U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research [FA9550-16-C-0021, FA9550-14-1-0062]
CollectionsUA Faculty Publications
- Author Correction: High-temperature operation of electrical injection type-II (GaIn)As/Ga(AsSb)/(GaIn)As "W"-quantum well lasers emitting at 1.3 µm.
- Authors: Fuchs C, Brüggemann A, Weseloh MJ, Berger C, Möller C, Reinhard S, Hader J, Moloney JV, Bäumner A, Koch SW, Stolz W
- Issue date: 2018 May 15
- High performance 2150 nm-emitting InAs/InGaAs/InP quantum well lasers grown by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy.
- Authors: Luo S, Ji HM, Gao F, Xu F, Yang XG, Liang P, Yang T
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 6
- 2.3 µm range InP-based type-II quantum well Fabry-Perot lasers heterogeneously integrated on a silicon photonic integrated circuit.
- Authors: Wang R, Sprengel S, Boehm G, Muneeb M, Baets R, Amann MC, Roelkens G
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5
- Temperature stability of static and dynamic properties of 1.55 µm quantum dot lasers.
- Authors: Abdollahinia A, Banyoudeh S, Rippien A, Schnabel F, Eyal O, Cestier I, Kalifa I, Mentovich E, Eisenstein G, Reithmaier JP
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 5
- Broad-gain (Δλ/λ0</~0.4), temperature-insensitive (T<0~510K) quantum cascade lasers.
- Authors: Fujita K, Furuta S, Dougakiuchi T, Sugiyama A, Edamura T, Yamanishi M
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 31