Artifactual Hepatic Metastasis on FDG PET/CT Secondary to Cryoablation for Adrenal Metastasis
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med
Univ Arizona, Dept Med Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherLIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
CitationFrankl, J., Eshghi, N., Lundeen, T. F., & Kuo, P. H. (2018). Artifactual Hepatic Metastasis on FDG PET/CT Secondary to Cryoablation for Adrenal Metastasis. Clinical nuclear medicine, 43(2), e46-e47.
JournalCLINICAL NUCLEAR MEDICINE
RightsCopyright © 2018 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractA 65-year-old woman with metastatic lung cancer was referred for CT-guided cryoablation of a right adrenal metastasis. For cryoablation, probes were placed into the adrenal region. FDG PET/CT 3 months later showed new activity in hepatic segment 6 initially suspected to be metastasis. Proximity of the hepatic lesion to the adrenal metastasis was a strange coincidence and prompted review of imaging from the cryoablation. CT showed the probe entered the liver, and postablation image demonstrated injury to the liver adjacent to the adrenal metastasis. Careful review of treatment history and imaging from ablation procedures are important to avoid this pitfall.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 28 February 2018
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- High False Positivity in Positron Emission Tomography is a Potential Diagnostic Pitfall in Patients with Suspected Adrenal Metastasis.
- Authors: Lang BH, Cowling BJ, Li JY, Wong KP, Wan KY
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Clinical Value of 18F-FDG PET/CT in Detecting Adrenal Metastasis in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Authors: Lin Y, Jeng LB, Wang HY, Tsai SC, Lin WY, Kao CH
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Fluorodeoxyglucose-positron-emission tomography/computed tomography imaging for adrenal masses in patients with lung cancer: review and diagnostic algorithm.
- Authors: Stone WZ, Wymer DC, Canales BK
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- The utility of 18F-FDG PET/CT for the diagnosis of adrenal metastasis in lung cancer: a PRISMA-compliant meta-analysis.
- Authors: Wu Q, Luo W, Zhao Y, Xu F, Zhou Q
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- PET/CT-guided radiofrequency and cryoablation: is tumor fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose activity dissipated by thermal ablation?
- Authors: Sainani NI, Shyn PB, Tatli S, Morrison PR, Tuncali K, Silverman SG
- Issue date: 2011 Mar