Power scalable 10 W 976 nm single-frequency linearly polarized laser source
LaComb, L. J.
Norwood, R. A.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationJingwei Wu, Xiushan Zhu, Hua Wei, Kort Wiersma, Michael Li, Jie Zong, Arturo Chavez-Pirson, Valery Temyanko, L. J. LaComb, R. A. Norwood, and N. Peyghambarian, "Power scalable 10 W 976 nm single-frequency linearly polarized laser source," Opt. Lett. 43, 951-954 (2018)
Rights© 2018 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractA 10 W level 976 nm single-frequency linearly polarized laser source was demonstrated with a two-stage all-fiber amplifier configuration. The continuous-wave output power of 10.1 W was obtained from the second stage amplifier by using a 20/130 mu m single-mode, polarization maintaining, 1.5 wt. % ytterbium-doped phosphate double-clad fiber. This all-fiber single-frequency laser source is very promising for watt-level deep ultraviolet laser generation via frequency quadrupling. (C) 2018 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 15 February 18
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsNational Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (STTR Phase II) [NNX15CP19C]; National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center for Integrated Access Networks [EEC-0812072]; Technology Research Initiative Fund (TRIF) Photonics Initiative of the University of Arizona
- High-power, single-mode, linearly polarized, ytterbium-doped fiber superfluorescent source.
- Authors: Wang P, Clarkson WA
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 1
- 1.5 kW ytterbium-doped single-transverse-mode, linearly polarized monolithic fiber master oscillator power amplifier.
- Authors: Huang L, Ma P, Tao R, Shi C, Wang X, Zhou P
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 1
- High power room temperature 1014.8 nm Yb fiber amplifier and frequency quadrupling to 253.7 nm for laser cooling of mercury atoms.
- Authors: Hu J, Zhang L, Liu H, Liu K, Xu Z, Feng Y
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 16
- High-peak-power, single-frequency, single-mode, linearly polarized, nanosecond all-fiber laser based on self-phase modulation compensation.
- Authors: Su R, Zhou P, Ma P, Lü H, Xu X
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 20
- Watts-level frequency doubling of a narrow line linearly polarized Raman fiber laser to 589nm.
- Authors: Georgiev D, Gapontsev VP, Dronov AG, Vyatkin MY, Rulkov AB, Popov SV, Taylor JR
- Issue date: 2005 Sep 5