AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
Univ Arizona, Dept Phys
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationMasoud Mollaee, Xiushan Zhu, Jie Zong, Kort Wiersma, Arturo Chavez-Pirson, Mehmetcan Akbulut, Yushi Kaneda, Lloyd LaComb, Axel Schülzgen, and N. Peyghambarian, "Single-frequency blue laser fiber amplifier," Opt. Lett. 43, 423-426 (2018)
Rights© 2018 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractAn all-fiber amplifier for a single-frequency blue laser was demonstrated for the first time, to the best of our knowledge. Over 150 mW continuous-wave single-transversemode blue laser output was obtained with a 10 m 1000 ppm thulium-doped fluoride fiber pumped by a 1125 nm fiber laser at a power of 2 W. The output power was limited due to the onset of the competitive lasing at 783 nm. Photodarkening and photo-curing of the thulium-doped fiber amplifier were also studied and analyzed. (C) 2018 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 22 January 2018
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsDefense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Laser UV Sources for Tactical Efficient Raman (LUSTER) [N68335-16-G0042-0001]; National Science Foundation (NSF) Engineering Research Center for Integrated Access Networks [EEC-0812072]; Army Research Office (ARO) [W911NF-12-1-0450]; Technology Research Initiative Fund (TRIF); Photonics Initiative of University of Arizona
- Single-frequency thulium-doped distributed-feedback fiber laser.
- Authors: Agger S, Povlsen JH, Varming P
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 1
- Efficient operation of diode-pumped single-frequency thulium-doped fiber lasers near 2 micro m.
- Authors: Geng J, Wu J, Jiang S, Yu J
- Issue date: 2007 Feb 15
- 300 W-level, wavelength-widely-tunable, all-fiber integrated thulium-doped fiber laser.
- Authors: Yin K, Zhu R, Zhang B, Liu G, Zhou P, Hou J
- Issue date: 2016 May 16
- 210 W single-frequency, single-polarization, thulium-doped all-fiber MOPA.
- Authors: Liu J, Shi H, Liu K, Hou Y, Wang P
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 2
- Single-frequency fiber laser at 1950 nm based on thulium-doped silica fiber.
- Authors: Fu S, Shi W, Lin J, Fang Q, Sheng Q, Zhang H, Wen J, Yao J
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 15