Magnetic reversal and thermal stability of CoFeB perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction arrays patterned by block copolymer lithography
Otero, David Navas
Ross, Caroline A
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Phys
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherIOP PUBLISHING LTD
CitationKun-Hua Tu et al 2018 Nanotechnology 29 275302
Rights© 2018 IOP Publishing Ltd
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractDense arrays of pillars, with diameters of 64 and 25 nm, were made from a perpendicular CoFeB magnetic tunnel junction thin film stack using block copolymer lithography. While the soft layer and hard layer in the 64 nm pillars reverse at different fields, the reversal of the two layers in the 25 nm pillars could not be distinguished, attributed to the strong interlayer magnetostatic coupling. First-order reversal curves were used to identify the steps that occur during switching, and the thermal stability and effective switching volume were determined from scan rate dependent hysteresis measurements.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 8 May 2018
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsC-SPIN, a STARnet Center of MARCO; DARPA; NSF MRSEC [DMR 1419807]
- Thermal stability of L1<sub>0</sub>-FePt nanodots patterned by self-assembled block copolymer lithography.
- Authors: Fernandez E, Tu KH, Ho P, Ross CA
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 16
- Patterning of sub-50 nm perpendicular CoFeB/MgO-based magnetic tunnel junctions.
- Authors: Tryputen L, Tu KH, Piotrowski SK, Bapna M, Majetich SA, Sun C, Voyles PM, Almasi H, Wang W, Vargas P, Tresback JS, Ross CA
- Issue date: 2016 May 6
- Ultrathin W space layer-enabled thermal stability enhancement in a perpendicular MgO/CoFeB/W/CoFeB/MgO recording frame.
- Authors: Kim JH, Lee JB, An GG, Yang SM, Chung WS, Park HS, Hong JP
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 20
- A perpendicular-anisotropy CoFeB-MgO magnetic tunnel junction.
- Authors: Ikeda S, Miura K, Yamamoto H, Mizunuma K, Gan HD, Endo M, Kanai S, Hayakawa J, Matsukura F, Ohno H
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Ultrathin perpendicular magnetic anisotropy CoFeB free layers for highly efficient, high speed writing in spin-transfer-torque magnetic random access memory.
- Authors: Iwata-Harms JM, Jan G, Serrano-Guisan S, Thomas L, Liu H, Zhu J, Lee YJ, Le S, Tong RY, Patel S, Sundar V, Shen D, Yang Y, He R, Haq J, Teng Z, Lam V, Liu P, Wang YJ, Zhong T, Fukuzawa H, Wang PK
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 19