Experimental limits for eigenvalue calibration in liquid-crystal Mueller-matrix polarimeters
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationNeil C. Bruce, Oscar G. Rodríguez-Herrera, Juan Manuel López-Téllez, and Omar Rodríguez-Nuñez, "Experimental limits for eigenvalue calibration in liquid-crystal Mueller-matrix polarimeters," Opt. Lett. 43, 2712-2715 (2018)
Rights© 2018 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractA numerical study is carried out to find the experimental conditions necessary for the eigenvalue calibration procedure to work correctly in a liquid-crystal variableretarder-based Mueller-matrix polarimeter. Using the error between the simulated experimental Mueller matrix in a polarimeter with errors and the expected ideal Mueller matrices for four calibration samples, the maximum experimental errors are estimated for a successful eigenvalue calibration. It is found that the retarder axes' orientations have smaller permitted errors than the retardation values. (C) 2018 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 1 June 2018
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsDireccion General de Asuntos del Personal Academico, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (DGAPA, UNAM) [PAPIIT IT100114, PAPIIT IT100417]
- Permitted experimental errors for optimized variable-retarder Mueller-matrix polarimeters.
- Authors: Bruce NC, López-Téllez JM, Rodríguez-Núñez O, Rodríguez-Herrera OG
- Issue date: 2018 May 28
- Simplified calibration procedure for Mueller polarimeter in transmission configuration.
- Authors: Hu H, Garcia-Caurel E, Anna G, Goudail F
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 1
- Eigenvalue calibration method for 3 × 3 Mueller polarimeters.
- Authors: Qi J, Elson DS, Stoyanov D
- Issue date: 2019 May 1
- General and self-consistent method for the calibration of polarization modulators, polarimeters, and mueller-matrix ellipsometers.
- Authors: Compain E, Poirier S, Drevillon B
- Issue date: 1999 Jun 1
- Optimization of Mueller matrix polarimeters in the presence of error sources.
- Authors: Twietmeyer KM, Chipman RA
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 21