de Vries, Jordy
Graesser, Michael L.
van Kolck, Ubirajara
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Phys
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER PHYSICAL SOC
CitationCirigliano, V., Dekens, W., De Vries, J., Graesser, M. L., Mereghetti, E., Pastore, S., & Van Kolck, U. (2018). New Leading Contribution to Neutrinoless Double-β Decay. Physical review letters, 120(20), 202001. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.120.202001
JournalPHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS
RightsPublished by the American Physical Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWithin the framework of chiral effective field theory, we discuss the leading contributions to the neutrinoless double-beta decay transition operator induced by light Majorana neutrinos. Based on renormalization arguments in both dimensional regularization with minimal subtraction and a coordinatespace cutoff scheme, we show the need to introduce a leading-order short-range operator, missing in all current calculations. We discuss strategies to determine the finite part of the short-range coupling by matching to lattice QCD or by relating it via chiral symmetry to isospin-breaking observables in the two-nucleon sector. Finally, we speculate on the impact of this new contribution on nuclear matrix elements of relevance to experiment.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsDOE topical collaboration on "Nuclear Theory for Double-Beta Decay and Fundamental Symmetries"; Dutch Organization for Scientific Research (NWO); U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Nuclear Physics [DE-FG02-04ER41338]; European Union Research and Innovation program Horizon 2020 
- Heavy Physics Contributions to Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay from QCD.
- Authors: Nicholson A, Berkowitz E, Monge-Camacho H, Brantley D, Garron N, Chang CC, Rinaldi E, Clark MA, Joó B, Kurth T, Tiburzi BC, Vranas P, Walker-Loud A
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 26
- Toward Complete Leading-Order Predictions for Neutrinoless Double β Decay.
- Authors: Cirigliano V, Dekens W, de Vries J, Hoferichter M, Mereghetti E
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 30
- Path from Lattice QCD to the Short-Distance Contribution to 0νββ Decay with a Light Majorana Neutrino.
- Authors: Davoudi Z, Kadam SV
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 16
- Neutrinoless double-β decay and QCD corrections.
- Authors: Mahajan N
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 24
- Nonperturbative Renormalization of Nonlocal Quark Bilinears for Parton Quasidistribution Functions on the Lattice Using an Auxiliary Field.
- Authors: Green J, Jansen K, Steffens F
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 13