MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER PHYSICAL SOC
CitationArslanagić, S., & Ziolkowski, R. W. (2018). Highly Subwavelength, Superdirective Cylindrical Nanoantenna. Physical Review Letters, 120(23), 237401. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.120.237401
JournalPHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS
Rights© 2018 American Physical Society
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractA superdirective cylindrical nanoantenna is demonstrated with a multilayered cylindrical metamaterial-inspired structure. Targeting specific scattering coefficients for the dipole and higher-order modes, the ideal limit of needle radiation is demonstrated. A five-layer system is optimized to demonstrate its approach to the theoretical directivity bound. While the resulting structure is scalable to any frequency regime, its highly subwavelength overall size (lambda(0)/10) takes advantage of combinations of positive and negative permittivity materials in the optical regime.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsAustralian Research Council (ARC) [DP160102219]
- Superdirective dielectric nanoantennas.
- Authors: Krasnok AE, Simovski CR, Belov PA, Kivshar YS
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 7
- Erratum: Highly Subwavelength, Superdirective Cylindrical Nanoantenna [Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 237401 (2018)].
- Authors: Arslanagić S, Ziolkowski RW
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 14
- Metascreen-based superdirective antenna in the optical frequency regime.
- Authors: Ludwig A, Sarris CD, Eleftheriades GV
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 30
- Highly Directive Hybrid Metal-Dielectric Yagi-Uda Nanoantennas.
- Authors: Ho J, Fu YH, Dong Z, Paniagua-Dominguez R, Koay EHH, Yu YF, Valuckas V, Kuznetsov AI, Yang JKW
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 28
- Unidirectional side scattering of light by a single-element nanoantenna.
- Authors: Vercruysse D, Sonnefraud Y, Verellen N, Fuchs FB, Di Martino G, Lagae L, Moshchalkov VV, Maier SA, Van Dorpe P
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 14