Optical and mechanical tolerances in hybrid concentrated thermal-PV solar trough
AuthorDiaz, Liliana Ruiz
Norwood, Robert A.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationLiliana Ruiz Diaz, Byron Cocilovo, Alexander Miles, Wei Pan, Pierre-Alexandre Blanche, and Robert A. Norwood, "Optical and mechanical tolerances in hybrid concentrated thermal-PV solar trough," Opt. Express 26, A602-A608 (2018)
Rights© 2018 Optical Society of America under the terms of the OSA Open Access Publishing Agreement
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractHybrid thennal-PV solar trough collectors combine concentrated photovoltaics and concentrated solar power technology to harvest and store solar energy. In this work, the optical and mechanical requirements for optimal efficiency are analyzed using non-sequential ray tracing techniques. The results are used to generate opto-mechanical tolerances that can be compared to those of traditional solar collectors. We also explore ideas on how to relieve tracking tolerances for single-axis solar collectors. The objective is to establish a basis for tolerances required for the fabrication and manufacturing of hybrid solar trough collectors. (C) 2018 Optical Society of America under the terms orate OSA Open Access Publishing Agreement
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsU.S. Department of Energy [DE-AR0000830]
- Optical fiber sensor for tracking line-focus solar collectors.
- Authors: Wiczer JJ
- Issue date: 1982 Aug 1
- A self-sustaining high-strength wastewater treatment system using solar-bio-hybrid power generation.
- Authors: Bustamante M, Liao W
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Toward a High-Efficient Utilization of Solar Radiation by Quad-Band Solar Spectral Splitting.
- Authors: Cao F, Huang Y, Tang L, Sun T, Boriskina SV, Chen G, Ren Z
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Nanofluid Types, Their Synthesis, Properties and Incorporation in Direct Solar Thermal Collectors: A Review.
- Authors: Chamsa-Ard W, Brundavanam S, Fung CC, Fawcett D, Poinern G
- Issue date: 2017 May 31
- A geospatial comparison of distributed solar heat and power in Europe and the US.
- Authors: Norwood Z, Nyholm E, Otanicar T, Johnsson F
- Issue date: 2014