HMGB1 binds to the KRAS promoter G-quadruplex: a new player in oncogene transcriptional regulation?
Madanayake, Thushara W.
Hurley, Laurence H.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Pharm
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
CitationChem. Commun., 2018, 54, 9442
Rights© The Royal Society of Chemistry 2018
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractThis communication reports on a possible distinct role of HMGB1 protein. Biophysical studies revealed that HMGB1 binds and stabilizes the G-quadruplex of the KRAS promoter element that is responsible for most of the transcriptional activity. Biological data showed that inhibition of HMGB1 increases KRAS expression. These results suggest that HMGB1 could play a role in the gene transcriptional regulation via the functional recognition of the G-quadruplex.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 31 July 2018
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsNCI NIH HHS [R01 CA153821]
- The KRAS promoter responds to Myc-associated zinc finger and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 proteins, which recognize a critical quadruplex-forming GA-element.
- Authors: Cogoi S, Paramasivam M, Membrino A, Yokoyama KK, Xodo LE
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 16
- Insight into the Complexity of the i-Motif and G-Quadruplex DNA Structures Formed in the KRAS Promoter and Subsequent Drug-Induced Gene Repression.
- Authors: Kaiser CE, Van Ert NA, Agrawal P, Chawla R, Yang D, Hurley LH
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 28
- High-resolution three-dimensional NMR structure of the <i>KRAS</i> proto-oncogene promoter reveals key features of a G-quadruplex involved in transcriptional regulation.
- Authors: Kerkour A, Marquevielle J, Ivashchenko S, Yatsunyk LA, Mergny JL, Salgado GF
- Issue date: 2017 May 12
- Protein hnRNPA1 binds to a critical G-rich element of KRAS and unwinds G-quadruplex structures: implications in transcription.
- Authors: Xodo L, Paramasivam M, Membrino A, Cogoi S
- Issue date: 2008
- The regulatory G4 motif of the Kirsten ras (KRAS) gene is sensitive to guanine oxidation: implications on transcription.
- Authors: Cogoi S, Ferino A, Miglietta G, Pedersen EB, Xodo LE
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 25