Pharmacy Competencies for Interprofessional Integrative Health Care Education.
AuthorLee, Jeannie K
Hume, Anne L
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Pharm
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER ASSOC COLL PHARMACY
CitationLee, J. K., Hume, A. L., Willis, R., Boon, H., Lebensohn, P., Brooks, A., & Kligler, B. (2018). Pharmacy Competencies for Interprofessional Integrative Health Care Education. American journal of pharmaceutical education, 82(6), 6302.
RightsCopyright © 2018 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractObjective. To address the gap in evidence-based knowledge among pharmacy students and practicing pharmacists regarding complementary and integrative health approaches due to insufficient education and a lack of standardized training. Methods. The National Center for Integrative Primary Healthcare (NCIPH) developed 22 pharmacy competencies linked to a set of 10 interprofessional "metacompetencies" in integrative health care. Results. The NCIPH pharmacy competencies are well-aligned with the current educational standards and Center for the Advancement of Pharmacy Education (CAPE) outcomes for pharmacy programs. Therefore, the NCIPH competencies may provide a foundation for the incorporation of interprofessional integrative health care education into pharmacy curricula. Conclusion. The NCIPH pharmacy competencies in integrative health care, linked to the interprofessional "metacompetencies," are aligned with educational standards and outcomes, and may serve as a basis for pharmacy curriculum.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsHealth Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Integrative Medicine: Empowering Communities through Interprofessional Primary Care Teams [UE1HP27710]
- Competencies for public health and interprofessional education in accreditation standards of complementary and alternative medicine disciplines.
- Authors: Brett J, Brimhall J, Healey D, Pfeifer J, Prenguber M
- Issue date: 2013 Sep-Oct
- Interprofessional Competencies in Integrative Primary Healthcare.
- Authors: Kligler B, Brooks AJ, Maizes V, Goldblatt E, Klatt M, Koithan MS, Kreitzer MJ, Lee JK, Lopez AM, McClafferty H, Rhode R, Sandvold I, Saper R, Taren D, Wells E, Lebensohn P
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Consensus views on competencies and teaching methods for an interprofessional curriculum on complementary and integrative medicine: A Delphi study.
- Authors: Homberg A, Krug K, Klafke N, Glassen K, Mahler C, Loukanova S
- Issue date: 2021 May
- Introducing integrative primary health care to an interprofessional audience: Feasibility and impact of an asynchronous online course.
- Authors: Brooks AJ, Chen MK, Goldblatt E, Klatt M, Kligler B, Koithan MS, Kreitzer MJ, Lee JK, Lopez AM, Maizes V, Sandvold I, Taren D, Lebensohn P
- Issue date: 2020 Nov-Dec
- Training the trainers: A preceptor development program targeting interprofessional collaboration competencies.
- Authors: Fusco NM, Ohtake PJ
- Issue date: 2019 Nov