A historical perspective on treatment of fuchs' endothelial dystrophy: We have come a long way
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med
Deep Lamellar Endothelial Keratoplasty
Descemet stripping automated Endothelial Keratoplasty
Descemet Stripping Endothelial keratoplasty
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherLIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
CitationMoshirfar M, Ding Y, Shah TJ. A historical perspective on treatment of Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy: We have come a long way. J Ophthalmic Vis Res 2018;13:339-43
Rights© 2018 Journal of Ophthalmic and Vision Research
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractFuchs' endothelial corneal dystrophy is a hereditary and progressive vision-threatening disease with a high prevalence in our adult population. In the past two decades, endothelial transplantation has dramatically changed the way we treat these patients. Back then, our limited surgical techniques often resulted in less than ideal outcomes. It was unimaginable for our patients to achieve near perfect visual acuity in such a short span of time. Over the years, we have tenaciously refined our surgical techniques to vastly improve patient outcomes, and with the recent advent of Rho-kinase inhibitors, we may even consider delivering a simple injection to our patients in the future. Our purpose is to take a historical perspective on how far we have come in treating this disorder and how rapidly this field will continue to evolve.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsResearch to Prevent Blindness (RPB)
- Vision-related quality of life before and after keratoplasty for Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy.
- Authors: Trousdale ER, Hodge DO, Baratz KH, Maguire LJ, Bourne WM, Patel SV
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Intraocular pressure and corneal biomechanics in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy and after posterior lamellar keratoplasty.
- Authors: Clemmensen K, Hjortdal J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- [Perspectives of posterior lamellar keratoplasty. In search of the perfect lamella].
- Authors: Heinzelmann S, Maier P, Reinhard T
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Fuchs' dystrophy associated with radial keratotomy: Lamellar or perforating keratoplasty?
- Authors: Rodriguez-Ausin P, Antolin-Garcia D, Santamaria Garcia L, Blazquez-Fernandez AB
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Descemet's stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty: three-year graft and endothelial cell survival compared with penetrating keratoplasty.
- Authors: Price MO, Gorovoy M, Price FW Jr, Benetz BA, Menegay HJ, Lass JH
- Issue date: 2013 Feb