Self-triggered Asynchronous Optical Sampling Terahertz Spectroscopy using a Bidirectional Mode-locked Fiber Laser
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationBaker, R. D., Yardimci, N. T., Ou, Y. H., Kieu, K., & Jarrahi, M. (2018). Self-triggered Asynchronous Optical Sampling Terahertz Spectroscopy using a Bidirectional Mode-locked Fiber Laser. Scientific reports, 8.
Rights© The Author(s) 2018. Open Access. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe report a self-triggered asynchronous optical sampling terahertz spectroscopy system based on a single bidirectional mode-locked fiber laser and plasmonics-enhanced photoconductive nanoantennas. The fiber laser generates two optical mutually coherent pulse trains with a stable repetition rate difference, enabling time-domain terahertz spectroscopy without using any mechanical delay line, stabilization electronics, or external trigger. The resolved terahertz spectra over a 0.1-2 THz frequency range and a 30-second measurement time show more than a 70-dB dynamic range, revealing water absorption lines matching the HITRAN database, through a light-weight and compact spectroscopy setup.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsMoore Inventor Fellowship; National Science Foundation [1305931, 1610048]; National Institutes of Health [1R01GM112693-01A1]
- Single-laser polarization-controlled optical sampling system for THz-TDS.
- Authors: Kolano M, Gräf B, Weber S, Molter D, von Freymann G
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15
- A decade-spanning high-resolution asynchronous optical sampling terahertz time-domain and frequency comb spectrometer.
- Authors: Good JT, Holland DB, Finneran IA, Carroll PB, Kelley MJ, Blake GA
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- High-performance fiber-laser-based terahertz spectrometer.
- Authors: Stehr D, Morris CM, Schmidt C, Sherwin MS
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- Terahertz radiation using log-spiral-based low-temperature-grown InGaAs photoconductive antenna pumped by mode-locked Yb-doped fiber laser.
- Authors: Kong MS, Kim JS, Han SP, Kim N, Moon K, Park KH, Jeon MY
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 4
- High-speed terahertz time-domain spectroscopy based on electronically controlled optical sampling.
- Authors: Kim Y, Yee DS
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15