Bloch oscillations of multidimensional dark soliton wave packets and light bullets
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationRodislav Driben, Xuekai Ma, Stefan Schumacher, and Torsten Meier, "Bloch oscillations of multidimensional dark soliton wave packets and light bullets," Opt. Lett. 44, 1327-1330 (2019)
Rights© 2019 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe robust propagation of dark solitonic waves featuring Bloch oscillations (BOs) in media with a Kerr nonlinearity is demonstrated. The models considered have a discrete refractive index gradient in one dimension and are continuous in the orthogonal direction or directions. Such systems can be realized in photonic settings, where temporal dispersion of a normal type is able to support dark solitons. The demonstrated effects may also appear in the dynamics of Bose-Einstein condensates (BECs), where dark solitons appear due to the joint action of diffraction and a self-defocusing nonlinearity. Furthermore, our analysis shows that a periodic variation of the refractive index gradient in the propagation direction allows us to realize the spatial analog of dynamical localization. In addition, we demonstrate that dark solitons serve as excellent supporters for light bullets of a peculiar dark-bright type that can also feature robust BOs.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 5 March 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsDeutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) [231447078-TRR 142]; DFG Heisenberg programme ; National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) 
- Management of matter-wave solitons in Bose-Einstein condensates with time-dependent atomic scattering length in a time-dependent parabolic complex potential.
- Authors: Kengne E, Liu WM
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Bloch oscillations sustained by nonlinearity.
- Authors: Driben R, Konotop VV, Meier T, Yulin AV
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 9
- Composition Relation between Nonlinear Bloch Waves and Gap Solitons in Periodic Fractional Systems.
- Authors: Dong L, Huang C
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 4
- Nonlinearity-induced localization in a periodically driven semidiscrete system.
- Authors: Driben R, Konotop VV, Malomed BA, Meier T, Yulin AV
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Three-Component Soliton States in Spinor F=1 Bose-Einstein Condensates.
- Authors: Bersano TM, Gokhroo V, Khamehchi MA, D'Ambroise J, Frantzeskakis DJ, Engels P, Kevrekidis PG
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 9