A new species of Hypoprepia from the mountains of central Arizona (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Arctiinae, Lithosiini)
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Grad Interdisciplinary Program Entomol & Insect S
Univ Arizona, Dept Entomol
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPalting JD, Ferguson DC, Moore W (2018) A new species of Hypoprepia from the mountains of central Arizona (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Arctiinae, Lithosiini). In: Schmidt BC, Lafontaine JD (Eds) Contributions to the systematics of New World macro-moths VII. ZooKeys 788: 19–38. https://doi.org/10.3897/zookeys.788.26885
RightsCopyright © John Douglas Palting et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0)
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractA new firefly-mimicking lichen moth of the genus Hypoprepia, H.lampyroides Palting & Ferguson, sp. n., is described from the mountains of east-central Arizona and the Sierra Madre Occidental of Mexico. Hypoprepia Hübner, 1831 is a North American genus of lithosiine tiger moths, previously consisting of five species: H.fucosa Hübner, 1831 and H.miniata (Kirby, 1837), both of eastern and central North America; H.cadaverosa Strecker, 1878 from the Rocky Mountains into New Mexico and west Texas; H.inculta H. Edwards, 1882, a widespread western USA species and H.muelleri Dyar, 1907 from the vicinity of Mexico City. The latter is herein synonymized under H.inculta (= H.muellerisyn. n.), resulting in the total number of taxa in the genus unchanged at five.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
- Revision of the Oriental subfamily Heteropteryginae Kirby, 1896, with a re-arrangement of the family Heteropterygidae and the descriptions of five new species of Haaniella Kirby, 1904. (Phasmatodea: Areolatae: Heteropterygidae).
- Authors: Hennemann FH, Conle OV, Brock PD, Seow-Choen F
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 1
- Description of four new species of the tiger moth genus Dysschema Hübner (Lepidoptera: Erebidae, Arctiinae, Arctiini, Pericopina).
- Authors: Moraes Sde S, Duarte M
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 25
- Miltochrista wangmini, a new species from China (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Arctiinae).
- Authors: Volynkin AV, Dubatolov VV, Kishida Y
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 12
- <i>Barsine</i> <i>amaculata</i>, a new species from Vietnam (Lepidoptera, Erebidae, Arctiinae).
- Authors: Volynkin AV, Černý K
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 29