Draft Whole-Genome Sequence of the Purple Nonsulfur Photosynthetic Bacterium R1.
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Chem & Biochem
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationRobertson S, Rayyan A, Meyer T, Kyndt J. 2018. Draft whole-genome sequence of the purple nonsulfur photosynthetic bacterium Rhodopseudomonas rutila R1. Microbiol Resour Announc 7:e01267-18. https://doi.org/10.1128/MRA.01267-18.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Robertson et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractRhodopseudomonas species are purple nonsulfur bacteria found in many environments and known for their diverse metabolic capabilities. Here, we report the genome sequence of Rhodopseudomonas rutila type strain R1 and a whole-genome nucleotide comparison of related Rhodopseudomonas palustris species, suggesting the necessity for future reevaluation of the Rhodopseudomonas species differentiation.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsWilson Enhancement Fund for Applied Research in Science at Bellevue University
- Genomic and genetic sequence information of strains assigned to the genus <i>Rhodopseudomonas</i> reveal the great heterogeneity of the group and identify strain <i>Rhodopseudomonas palustris</i> DSM 123<sup>T</sup> as the authentic type strain of this species.
- Authors: Imhoff JF, Meyer TE, Kyndt J
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Draft Whole-Genome Sequence of the Purple Photosynthetic Bacterium Rhodopseudomonas palustris XCP.
- Authors: Rayyan A, Meyer T, Kyndt J
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Genotypic and phenotypic diversity within species of purple nonsulfur bacteria isolated from aquatic sediments.
- Authors: Oda Y, Wanders W, Huisman LA, Meijer WG, Gottschal JC, Forney LJ
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Electron transfer proteins of the purple phototrophic bacterium, Rhodopseudomonas rutila.
- Authors: Meyer TE, Fitch J, Van Driessche G, Van Beeumen J, Fischer U, Bartsch RG, Cusanovich MA
- Issue date: 1991 May 1
- Draft genome sequence and overview of the purple non sulfur bacterium Rhodopseudomonas palustris 42OL.
- Authors: Adessi A, Spini G, Presta L, Mengoni A, Viti C, Giovannetti L, Fani R, De Philippis R
- Issue date: 2016