Complete Genome Sequence of a Deletion Mutant of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific White Shrimp (Penaeus vannamei)
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Aquaculture Pathol Lab, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationKanrar S, Dhar AK. 2018. Complete genome sequence of a deletion mutant of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific white shrimp (Penaeus vannamei). Genome Announc 6:e00544-18. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.00544-18.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Kanrar and Dhar. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractVibrio parahaemolyticus carrying the toxin genes pirA and pirB causes acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease in shrimp. A genome sequence of V. parahaemolyticus strain R13 was determined that showed deletions of the entire pirA gene and the 5' end of the pirB gene and does not cause the disease in experimental challenge.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsCollege of Agriculture & Life Sciences, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ; USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Animal Health Project 
- Complete Genome Sequence of a Novel Mutant Strain of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific White Shrimp (Penaeus vannamei).
- Authors: Kanrar S, Dhar AK
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 14
- A Natural Vibrio parahaemolyticus Δ<i>pirA</i> <sup><i>Vp</i></sup> <i>pirB</i> <sup><i>Vp+</i></sup> Mutant Kills Shrimp but Produces neither Pir <sup><i>Vp</i></sup> Toxins nor Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease Lesions.
- Authors: Phiwsaiya K, Charoensapsri W, Taengphu S, Dong HT, Sangsuriya P, Nguyen GTT, Pham HQ, Amparyup P, Sritunyalucksana K, Taengchaiyaphum S, Chaivisuthangkura P, Longyant S, Sithigorngul P, Senapin S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 15
- Draft Genome Sequence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus Strain PH1339, Which Causes Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease in Shrimp in the Philippines.
- Authors: Penir SMU, Dela Pena LD, Cabillon NAR, Bilbao ADP, Amar EC, Saloma CP
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 14
- Structural Insights into the Cytotoxic Mechanism of Vibrio parahaemolyticus PirA<sup>vp</sup> and PirB<sup>vp</sup> Toxins.
- Authors: Lin SJ, Hsu KC, Wang HC
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 1
- Virulence of acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease PirAB-like relies on secreted proteins not on gene copy number.
- Authors: Tinwongger S, Nochiri Y, Thawonsuwan J, Nozaki R, Kondo H, Awasthi SP, Hinenoya A, Yamasaki S, Hirono I
- Issue date: 2016 Dec