Complete Genome Sequence of a Novel Mutant Strain of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific White Shrimp (Penaeus vannamei)
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci, Aquaculture Pathol Lab
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationKanrar S, Dhar AK. 2018. Complete genome sequence of a novel mutant strain of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific white shrimp (Penaeus vannamei). Genome Announc 6:e00497-18. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.00497-18.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Kanrar and Dhar. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractThe acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease (AHPND) of Penaeus vannamei shrimp is caused by Vibrio parahaemolyticus carrying toxin genes, pirA and pirB We report the complete genome sequence of the novel V. parahaemolyticus strain R14, which did not display AHPND symptoms in P. vannamei despite containing the binary toxin genes.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsCollege of Agriculture & Life Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- A Mutant of <i>Vibrio parahaemolyticus</i> <i>pir</i>AB<sub>VP</sub> (+) That Carries Binary Toxin Genes but Does Not Cause Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease.
- Authors: Aranguren Caro LF, Mai HN, Kanrar S, Cruz-Flores R, Dhar AK
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 8
- A Natural Vibrio parahaemolyticus Δ<i>pirA</i> <sup><i>Vp</i></sup> <i>pirB</i> <sup><i>Vp+</i></sup> Mutant Kills Shrimp but Produces neither Pir <sup><i>Vp</i></sup> Toxins nor Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease Lesions.
- Authors: Phiwsaiya K, Charoensapsri W, Taengphu S, Dong HT, Sangsuriya P, Nguyen GTT, Pham HQ, Amparyup P, Sritunyalucksana K, Taengchaiyaphum S, Chaivisuthangkura P, Longyant S, Sithigorngul P, Senapin S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 15
- Complete Genome Sequence of a Deletion Mutant of Vibrio parahaemolyticus from Pacific White Shrimp (Penaeus vannamei).
- Authors: Kanrar S, Dhar AK
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 21
- Draft Genome Sequence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus Strain PH1339, Which Causes Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease in Shrimp in the Philippines.
- Authors: Penir SMU, Dela Pena LD, Cabillon NAR, Bilbao ADP, Amar EC, Saloma CP
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 14
- Genomic and evolutionary features of two AHPND positive Vibrio parahaemolyticus strains isolated from shrimp (Penaeus monodon) of south-west Bangladesh.
- Authors: Ahmmed S, Khan MA, Eshik MME, Punom NJ, Islam ABMMK, Rahman MS
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 3