Draft Genome Sequences of 12 Dry-Heat-Resistant Bacillus Strains Isolated from the Cleanrooms Where the Viking Spacecraft Were Assembled
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Agr & Life Sci, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationSeuylemezian A, Cooper K, Schubert W, Vaishampayan P. 2018. Draft genome sequences of 12 dry-heat-resistant Bacillus strains isolated from the cleanrooms where the Viking spacecraft were assembled. Genome Announc 6:e00094-18. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.00094-18.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Seuylemezian et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractSpore-forming microorganisms are of concern for forward contamination because they can survive harsh interplanetary travel. Here, we report the draft genome sequences of 12 spore-forming strains isolated from the Manned Spacecraft Operations Building (MSOB) and the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) in Cape Canaveral, FL, where the Viking spacecraft were assembled.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Microbiological profiles of the Viking spacecraft.
- Authors: Puleo JR, Fields ND, Bergstrom SL, Oxborrow GS, Stabekis PD, Koukol R
- Issue date: 1977 Feb
- Dry-heat resistance of selected psychrophiles.
- Authors: Winans L, Pflug IJ, Foster TL
- Issue date: 1977 Aug
- Comparing Spore Resistance of Bacillus Strains Isolated from Hydrothermal Vents and Spacecraft Assembly Facilities to Environmental Stressors and Decontamination Treatments.
- Authors: Zammuto V, Fuchs FM, Fiebrandt M, Stapelmann K, Ulrich NJ, Maugeri TL, Pukall R, Gugliandolo C, Moeller R
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Bacillus canaveralius sp. nov., an alkali-tolerant bacterium isolated from a spacecraft assembly facility.
- Authors: Newcombe D, Dekas A, Mayilraj S, Venkateswaran K
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Functional Metagenomics of Spacecraft Assembly Cleanrooms: Presence of Virulence Factors Associated with Human Pathogens.
- Authors: Bashir M, Ahmed M, Weinmaier T, Ciobanu D, Ivanova N, Pieber TR, Vaishampayan PA
- Issue date: 2016