Draft Genome Sequences of and Strains Isolated from Spacecraft-Associated Surfaces
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Agr & Life Sci, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationSeuylemezian A, Vaishampayan P, Cooper K, Venkateswaran K. 2018. Draft genome sequences of Acinetobacter and Bacillus strains isolated from spacecraft-associated surfaces. Genome Announc 6:e01554-17. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.01554-17.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Seuylemezian et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractWe report here the draft genome sequences of four strains isolated from spacecraft-associated surfaces exhibiting increased resistance to stressors such as UV radiation and exposure to H2O2 The draft genomes of strains 1P01SCT, FO-92T, 50v1, and 2P01AA had sizes of 5,500,894 bp, 4,699,376 bp, 3,174,402 bp, and 4,328,804 bp, respectively.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Bacillus safensis FO-36b and Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032: a whole genome comparison of two spacecraft assembly facility isolates.
- Authors: Tirumalai MR, Stepanov VG, Wünsche A, Montazari S, Gonzalez RO, Venkateswaran K, Fox GE
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 8
- Comparing Spore Resistance of Bacillus Strains Isolated from Hydrothermal Vents and Spacecraft Assembly Facilities to Environmental Stressors and Decontamination Treatments.
- Authors: Zammuto V, Fuchs FM, Fiebrandt M, Stapelmann K, Ulrich NJ, Maugeri TL, Pukall R, Gugliandolo C, Moeller R
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Bacillus horneckiae sp. nov., isolated from a spacecraft-assembly clean room.
- Authors: Vaishampayan P, Probst A, Krishnamurthi S, Ghosh S, Osman S, McDowall A, Ruckmani A, Mayilraj S, Venkateswaran K
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Draft Genome Sequences of Six Strains Isolated from the InSight Spacecraft and Associated Surfaces Using Oxford Nanopore- and Illumina-Based Sequencing.
- Authors: Vera DL, Seuylemezian A, Landry KS, Hendrickson R
- Issue date: 2020 May 21
- Characterization of hydrogen peroxide-resistant Acinetobacter species isolated during the Mars Phoenix spacecraft assembly.
- Authors: Derecho I, McCoy KB, Vaishampayan P, Venkateswaran K, Mogul R
- Issue date: 2014 Oct