Draft Genome Sequences of and Strains Isolated from Spacecraft-Associated Surfaces
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Agr & Life Sci, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationSeuylemezian A, Vaishampayan P, Cooper K, Venkateswaran K. 2018. Draft genome sequences of Acinetobacter and Bacillus strains isolated from spacecraft-associated surfaces. Genome Announc 6:e01554-17. https://doi.org/10.1128/genomeA.01554-17.
RightsCopyright © 2018 Seuylemezian et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe report here the draft genome sequences of four strains isolated from spacecraft-associated surfaces exhibiting increased resistance to stressors such as UV radiation and exposure to H2O2 The draft genomes of strains 1P01SCT, FO-92T, 50v1, and 2P01AA had sizes of 5,500,894 bp, 4,699,376 bp, 3,174,402 bp, and 4,328,804 bp, respectively.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Characterization of hydrogen peroxide-resistant Acinetobacter species isolated during the Mars Phoenix spacecraft assembly.
- Authors: Derecho I, McCoy KB, Vaishampayan P, Venkateswaran K, Mogul R
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Candidate genes that may be responsible for the unusual resistances exhibited by Bacillus pumilus SAFR-032 spores.
- Authors: Tirumalai MR, Rastogi R, Zamani N, O'Bryant Williams E, Allen S, Diouf F, Kwende S, Weinstock GM, Venkateswaran KJ, Fox GE
- Issue date: 2013
- Purification, biochemical characterization, and implications of an alkali-tolerant catalase from the spacecraft-associated and oxidation-resistant Acinetobacter gyllenbergii 2P01AA.
- Authors: Muster N, Derecho I, Dallal F, Alvarez R, McCoy KB, Mogul R
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Draft Genome Sequences of Six Strains Isolated from the InSight Spacecraft and Associated Surfaces Using Oxford Nanopore- and Illumina-Based Sequencing.
- Authors: Vera DL, Seuylemezian A, Landry KS, Hendrickson R
- Issue date: 2020 May 21
- Insights into the extremotolerance of Acinetobacter radioresistens 50v1, a gram-negative bacterium isolated from the Mars Odyssey spacecraft.
- Authors: McCoy KB, Derecho I, Wong T, Tran HM, Huynh TD, La Duc MT, Venkateswaran K, Mogul R
- Issue date: 2012 Sep