AffiliationUniv Arizona, Canc Ctr, Hematol Oncol
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJahngir M, Ahmad M, Jahangir M (August 13, 2018) Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: In a Nutshell. Cureus 10(8): e3134. doi:10.7759/cureus.3134
Rights© Copyright 2018 Jahngir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License CC-BY 3.0.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractLennox-Gastaut syndrome is one of the rare childhood-onset epileptic encephalopathies, characterized by multiple type seizure disorder, the typical pattern on electroencephalogram and intellectual disability. Tonic-type seizures are most commonly seen in these patients. Behavioral disturbances and cognitive decline are gradual-onset and last long after the first episode of epileptiform activity. In most cases, there is some identifiable cause that has led to the clinical presentation of the patient. Various pharmacological and surgical procedures have been proposed for the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and many more to come in the very near future to overcome the drug resistance and to avoid the patient forming a life-long dependency.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Management of seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Authors: Crumrine PK
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 1
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome in adulthood: Long-term clinical follow-up of 38 patients and analysis of their recorded seizures.
- Authors: Vignoli A, Oggioni G, De Maria G, Peron A, Savini MN, Zambrelli E, Chiesa V, La Briola F, Turner K, Canevini MP
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a comprehensive review.
- Authors: Asadi-Pooya AA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Levetiracetam efficacy in patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Presentation of a case.
- Authors: Díaz Negrillo A, Martín Del Valle F, González Salaices M, Prieto Jurczynska C, Carneado Ruiz J
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Treatment of epileptic encephalopathies.
- Authors: McTague A, Cross JH
- Issue date: 2013 Mar