Percutaneous management of complex acquired aortic coarctation in an adult with tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary atresia
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Pediat Cardiol
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherMEDKNOW PUBLICATIONS & MEDIA PVT LTD
CitationSeckeler, M. D., Lawson, E., Barber, B. J., & Klewer, S. E. (2017). Percutaneous management of complex acquired aortic coarctation in an adult with tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary atresia. Annals of pediatric cardiology, 10(3), 295.
JournalANNALS OF PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY
Rights© 2017 Annals of Pediatric Cardiology. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License, which allows others to remix, tweak, and build upon the work non-commercially, as long as the author is credited and the new creations are licensed under the identical terms.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe present the case of a female adult with complex cyanotic congenital heart disease who had long-standing thoracic aortic obstruction due to scarring from earlier surgical procedures. She was symptomatic but felt to be too high risk for surgical intervention. With careful planning, she was able to undergo successful stenting of her aorta with subsequent clinical improvement. This case highlights some of the complexities of caring for adults with congenital heart disease and the importance of a thorough understanding of their anatomy and physiology and prior interventions before undertaking interventions.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Aortic root dilatation in tetralogy of Fallot long-term after repair--histology of the aorta in tetralogy of Fallot: evidence of intrinsic aortopathy.
- Authors: Niwa K
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 18
- Successful percutaneous recanalization of thrombosed major aortopulmonary collateral artery in palliated tetralogy of fallot with pulmonary atresia.
- Authors: Caruana M, Cullen S, Mullen M
- Issue date: 2013 Sep-Oct
- Stenting the complex patent ductus arteriosus in tetralogy of Fallot with pulmonary atresia: challenges and outcomes.
- Authors: Rehman R, Marhisham MC, Alwi M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- [Adults with congenital heart defects--clinical spectrum and surgical management].
- Authors: Berdjis F, Brandl D, Uhlemann F, Hausdorf G, Lange L, Weng Y, Loebe M, Alexi V, Hetzer R, Lange PE
- Issue date: 1996 Oct
- Long-term outcomes in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary atresia.
- Authors: Egbe AC, Crestanello J, Dearani JA, Osman K, Banala K, Angirekula M, Najam M, Ammash NM
- Issue date: 2019 Aug